Wedding Bliss

Get ready for some excitement.

My time in Mystic Falls allowed me to get away from the heartache in New Orleans but I can't run away from my problems forever. Klaus and Elijah locked down the compound not wanting anyone to come in or out. I had to sneak in from the back and even then I felt the environment change around me. This place never felt like home when Hayley and I were forced to come here, but now it feels more and more foreign to me. "You're back." Klaus greets me. He has no emotions in his voice.

"I told you I would." Since Hope left with Rebekah, Klaus has been moodier than ever. He is drowning himself in booze.

"I wouldn't blame you if you never did."

"Nik, we've talked about this. Bonnie needed a favor and I delivered."

"I saw the happiness you felt when you left this place. When you left me." I hear the hurt in his voice.

"I didn't leave you. Klaus..." I go to reach for his hand but he pulls away.

"You've been distant. You don't sleep anymore."

"I have a lot on my mind."

"And am I not worthy enough for you to share things with?"

"Klaus..."

"No!" He roars at me and I step back with his raised voice. "You have not been the same Sofia! You have changed! You..."

"Go on and tell me more how I'm not the same Sofia. The Sofia that you saw such pure light in. Is that the best you got?"

"You are not telling me something." I've avoided telling him about the part of me that caused me to die. The darkness that isn't fully gone but only slightly locked away behind an unsecured door. The one darkness that caused him the most pain. "Sofia." He takes my hand and I'm surprised. "I know what the witches did to you. I know it wasn't you."

"I caused you to believe you were the cause of my death. I made your heartbreak and I...I can never forgive myself for making you feel that way." Klaus and I sit down on our stairway. Leaning against one another for support.

"I've done things I'm not proud of." He looks to the floor and I know what he's talking about. Hayley accidentally spilled the fact that a few months after my death Klaus started hooking up with the bitch Genevieve to forget me and the pain he felt in his heart.

"I know about Genevieve." His eyes widen and he looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

"How...I wanted to be the one to tell you." He now has tears in his eyes. "I never wanted to hurt you. All I wanted was to numb the pain and...if I had known what part Genevieve had in your death I would have made her pay."

"No worries I made her death painful." He raises his eyebrow at me and smiles like the proudest boyfriend. Weird that it has to be when I killed someone.

"That's my girl." He leans over and kisses me.

"I've never felt such hatred towards someone like I did with the witches. I wish I could have made them all suffer the way I did to Genevieve."

"You will get your chance, my love. I will make sure of it."

"We're going to get our baby back and then this city will rain blood with those who ever did us wrong." I say looking Klaus in the eyes.

"We'll do this together."

"Always and forever Klaus. I know I've been distant but I'm still coming to grips with this dark side of me that could come out at any moment. There is no Other Side where I can possibly come back from. When or if I die again there will be no way for me to come back." I say and I look at Klaus with tears streaming down my face. "I never want to break your heart as I did. I want to hold our daughter in my arms again and I want a life with you that is filled with such love that it consumes me."