Unlinking Lessons

I love reading your feedback and I can't wait for you all to read what I have planned for Sofia.

Klaus and Elijah have gone to bonding with one another as a form of forgiveness. This is mostly due to Klaus not wanting to say sorry for what he did to his brother. They would rather read old journals they wrote over the years instead of talking things out and get over the betrayal. This lack of communication is killing Hayley who wishes someone would tell her what is going on.

I take the book Klaus is reading and examine the morbid poetry he's partaking in. "We need to discuss what is about to happen to us." I say moving to sit on the couch. I place my legs on his lap and he doesn't object.

"And what is it you want to discuss my love?" He rubs my leg before kissing my hand.

"We're going to be parents in a few months and I don't know about you but I'm terrified."

"You have nothing to be worried about. You'll be wonderful."

"And how do you know that? I wasn't the person who was a go-to babysitter. I wasn't good with children in general because I never connected with them. Elena was always better and the mothering role than me. It came naturally to her while I struggle with it. I've never even had a pet."

"A child is more than a pet and from what I can tell you would make an amazing mother."

"You say that just because..."

"I don't just say things, love. I always have a purpose."

"Are you scared of becoming a parent?" He looks away and I can tell the answer is yes. For centuries Klaus has worried about being alone and his family not trusting him. Now he has the opportunity to have it all and it terrifies him.

"I didn't have the best role model for what a father should be and..."

"Are you scared you're going to disappoint our child? Because don't be. Parent's aren't meant to be perfect. They all make mistakes."

"How can you say that with the family you grew up with." The hurt in his eyes is evident and it breaks me seeing him so unsure of himself and the love he deserves in life.

"Nik, I grew up thinking my whole family was normal besides the one creepy uncle. I come to find out that my family for generations has been vampire hunters and haters who spent their wholes lives thinking of ways to kill vampires. I found out I was adopted and my biological parents were psychotic. My sister is this magical shadow self that everyone needs for some sacrifice or another and I'm...I'm this unknown thing that I'm still trying to figure out. No one's lives are perfect, but we can make the best of it." I lean over and kiss his cheek. I love feeling his light stubble as it grazes my cheek. "I love you and our baby will love you."

"My love you always know what to say."

"Then don't doubt me. Believe that we will make it through this mess together."

"Is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"No, but I thought we should start now since I like to plan ahead. First, off we're sort of sure the baby is a girl so we need to think of names."

"Names?"

"Yes, we need to see if we want to incorporate both our families into her name or be original and..."

"Anything else you think of while I'm off plotting against Marcel?"

"Where will she grow up? What school? Who will her friends be?"

"You think of all that?"

"I know my life wasn't perfect but the friends I had in Mystic Falls were important to me and...I want our child to grow being loved. She won't be free from all the pain and misery life has but..."