Never Let Go

Here is a little flashback of Klaus and Sofia at the beginning of their relationship. This is when they were still in Mystic Falls before Silas. This is just something cute to show their love. Enjoy.

"What made you interested in playing music?" Klaus and I are enjoying a calming morning which rarely happens.

"In town, there were always parties and with those was live music and just one time when I was about five or six I just became fascinated with the string quartet Mrs. Lockwood provided. Everyone was looking at the main entertainment and all I wanted to know is what made that beautiful sound. My dad thought I was lost and was searching for me for over an hour looking at all the places he thought a child would be at and there I was asking the quartet members what they are playing. They even during one of their brakes allowed me to play a note or two."

"I bet you were a natural." Klaus kisses my shoulder.

"Far from it. I sucked." I giggle as he places kisses up and down my neck. "But my parents thought it could be good for me. They invested in lessons to see if I was serious about playing and before long I found my instrument."

"It's nice to know your family was supportive of you."

"They showed up for every recital good and bad. Even during my first one when I run off the stage they clapped so loud for me and showered me with hugs and kisses. They kept encouraging me to try performing again and assuring me that it will get better."

"I love learning about you. It makes me feel more connected to you." I rest my head on his shoulder loving being in his embrace. "It makes me feel almost human."

"Did you ever want to start a family of your own? I know you said a hummingbird made you think what it would be like to be human but did you ever want a family besides the one you were born in?"

"After becoming a vampire I...having a family was something I never thought I could have. I've fallen in love over my thousand years of life but...having a family was never part of it."

"Are you scared of being a parent because of how your parents treated you and your siblings?" He stiffens a little but the more we fall in love with each other the more we feel comfortable talking about things we can't talk about with anyone. "Because with how my parents were with my siblings and me I feel I will never measure up to what they left behind."

"You would be an excellent mother." Klaus smiles at me and reaches up to touch his beautiful blonde curls. "You would love your children like no other. Show them compassion but raise them to be strong and independent."

"I'm glad you see that in me because all I see is someone who will mess up. My mother was close to perfect. Her and my dad were strict with us but free in allowing us to discover ourselves with our interests. Even with their busy schedules they never missed a recital, school event, cheerleading or anything that had to do with their children. I...I could never be that for my children."

"I wouldn't count yourself out, my love."

"For someone who has never thought of having a family you have a lot to say about me and my fictional one." I pat his chest and he switches our positions so he's hovering over me. My cheeks heat up with him so close to me.

"I'll clarify myself. I never thought of a family until you. Falling in love with you allowed me to see that I could have it all."

"Nik...I..."

"I cannot give you the traditional child you want but...maybe down the line if you still want to be with me. Because I know there will never be someone else for me but you. There are other ways to have a family and I would gladly do that with you."

"Who would have ever thought the big bad hybrid would have a heart and yearn for a family."

"Only you would know my love." Klaus kisses me and I feel happiness all around me.

"I hate to break it to you but...babies usually hate me."

"I doubt that."

"No, they always cry when I even breathe near them. Elena and Caroline were more of the baby whispers than me."

"I can already see it even if you can't. Our children would be loved like no other. They will be happy and be full of light."

"Our children?"

"Yes, I predict we have at least ten."

"TEN!" I swat his chest and now straddle him as we continue to laugh with one another. "I don't know if I could handle ten."

"You could handle anything that comes your way."

"Where would we even raise ten children?"

"I hate to break it to you my love but this town would not be my first choice."

"There is nothing wrong with My..." I think about it for a second and nod my head. "No, you're right. The Founders who are hellbent on killing vampires is not the best town."

"I would love to raise our children all over the world."

"What, being the traveling Mikaelson's?"

"Life is too short to live in one place too long."

"Where would we live first?" I love this daydreaming because for once it could possibly be true.

"Paris. The art and food alone is everything a person could dream of."

"I've never dreamt that big before."

"Because no one gave you the chance."

"I think that anywhere that has you by my side is worth it all."

"My love." He takes my hand in his and kisses it. "You have no idea how much you do for me. Loving me cannot be easy and I know it. Never in a thousand years or any time will I ever be lucky enough to be loved by someone like you."

"Even if I never become a vampire?"

"I would love to spend eternity with you, Sofia Gilbert but I will not pressure you to be something you don't want to."

"It's not that I'm fully against the idea of being a vampire I just...it's a big commitment."

"One I would gladly partake with you."

"What is it that you and your family say to each other?"

"From the beginning, we always said always and forever."

"And is that what you're saying to me now?" I look deep into his eyes and I finally feel whole.

"That and more."

Get ready for some season 8 Vampire Diaries.