Christmas Miracles

I hope you love this chapter as much as I loved writing it.

Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year. It's a time I always remembered feeling the most connected to my family and friends and looking forward to a new year. Everything about it reminds me of simpler times now with Hope being old enough to enjoy the holiday it makes me break out in full energy decorating the whole house with ornaments, lights, and love.

"You outdid yourself, my love." Klaus admires my hard work.

"I found some spare time while Hope was napping and...Well, do you like it?" I ask him as I step back and admire my hard work.

"It's beautiful. I must say though you shouldn't overwork yourself too much."

"I'm fine. I keep a balanced diet of blood and food. The doctor says the baby is doing just fine and any month now we can know if it's a boy or girl." I say with a smile on my face.

"That would be lovely. I do have something for you."

"Nik, Christmas isn't for another day I..."

"Please allow me." I close my eyes as he leads me upstairs.

"I swear if this is your way of saying you want sex I..." He removes his hands from my eyes and the breath is knocked out of me. Before me is the most spectacular painting of my family. My parents, Jeremy, Elena, along with Klaus, Hope and me pregnant.

"When how..."

"I've done some research and Caroline called telling me she gave me her blessing for our future. I mentioned I wanted something amazing to give you and she offered this idea. She had some old photos of your family and I've been busy working for a while."

"This is amazing." The painting is so huge it's almost like they're in the room with me. "I...I haven't seen my parents in so long. I almost forgot what they looked like." I begin to cry.

"Now my love." Klaus holds me to his chest. "They will always be with you."

"Thank you. I...thank you."

"The one thing I could not do was..." I look up at him and I see the pain written on his face. "I could not bear to paint your aunt Jenna for she...I..."

"You killed her. I know. She knows. We all know and...I've forgiven you for it."

"I still don't know how you could?"

"Love is a tricky thing. It doesn't always make sense but I love you Nik to the end."

"Which will never come, my love because we're Al..."

"Always and forever." I finish for him.

"You are my heart Sofia Gilbert."

"And you are mine."

__________________________________
Cami has been staying with us at the compound since the incident with Aurora kidnapping her. She needs to feel safe and being surrounded by us is the only way but sadly for her, it means she is witness to our feeding. She is disturbed by Klaus having a woman compelled just to fill his goblet with blood. "Do they like pay you?" She asks her which makes me laugh.

"Handsomely and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right?" Klaus takes his drink and bends down to kiss me.

"So you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?"

"I compel her to feed me and to help Sofia hang an occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever she wants." I shake my head.

"You seem better." I change the subject.