Keeping the Fight Alive

Who is your favorite TVD and Original couple?

It's been months without Hope. Months without our daughter and we're not any closer to finding a solution to The Guerra's and them stealing Klaus' power every full moon with their moonlight rings. Elijah assures us that we will find a solution soon enough but with every full moon passing there is less hope we will succeed. I tried as long as I could to keep what happened to me in Mystic Falls to myself until I believed it was the right time to tell Klaus, but everything came crumbling around me when Elijah found me draining a body.

"Sofia!" He calls dragging me away from the corpse. I have blood all over my face and I instantly bring my hands to cover my mouth.

"What have I done?" I ask with tears streaming down my face. "I..."

"Sofia, when...how long have you been a vampire?" He asks with concern in his voice.

"Since I came back from Mystic Falls." I answer honestly. "I...I was at the wedding and there was an attack and I died with vampire blood." Elijah carefully takes my hand in his and moves me away from the body.

"Why haven't you said anything to us?"

"I wanted to prove I could handle what happened to me, but..." I look to the dead body and I feel immense sadness overtake my whole body. "I'm a monster!" I sob and Elijah hugs me trying to calm me down. "I...I've been killing people trying to control my thirst but I'm so hungry Elijah. All I want is blood and it feels like I can't get enough."

"You're a newly turned vampire Sofia. It's understandable you wouldn't have control."

"I haven't felt anything for the people I've killed. All I feel is anger towards myself."

"Sofia, you need to tell Klaus." I reach up and still feel the blood all over my face.

"He'll see me different."

"Nothing different than the woman he loves with all his heart. Sofia, my brother is a complicated man and there hasn't been someone who has impacted him the way you have. You don't give yourself enough credit."

__________________________________
Elijah left the compound that night to give us some privacy and to check on Hayley who isn't taking to being a hybrid any better than I am. She is blaming herself for everything that happened to Hope. She feels responsible thinking that she was too weak to do anything, even though she did everything and more for my daughter. Klaus has tried to paint but nothing comes to mind and instead he proceeds to destroy everything he creates feeling it isn't good enough. "Nik?" I call out his name as I lean against the door. My heart is racing and I don't know what to say.

"Sofia what is it? You know not to bother me when I'm painting."

"Well from what I can see you're not painting much." I motion to his still blank canvas.

"I'm contemplating how to paint the death of my enemies."

"Well, you're doing a great job."

"I don't need your attitude Sofia!" He goes to throw a bottle of paint at his canvas but I speed in front of him and stop it. He backs away with a confused look on his face. "Wh...how..." He points at me.

"Klaus look at me." I order and I allow him to see my face for what it truly is. The veins appear as they do on his and I feel the insatiable need for hunger take over. I keep fighting it and push myself against a wall. I look up and Klaus walks over to me.

"Who did this to you?"

"I cut myself before the wedding and Stefan gave me a little of his blood to heal and then the person I fought to keep in The Prison World attacked at the wedding and I was killed by accident." Klaus' face softens as he hears this.