New Reign

Who's your favorite TVD or Originals character

I have attended numerous awkward dinner party's in my short life. The one where Damon and Alaric planned on daggering Elijah with Jenna and Andie in the room. John crashing the party and even knowing if Damon daggered Elijah it would kill him. And then there's the one where Stefan came over for the first time to get to know my sister and Bonnie hated him because she had a bad feeling. But all of those pale in comparison to the one I'm enduring now. Klaus loves dinners and having guest over and enticing them with elegant food and drinks. But the guests are Marcel and some of his inner circle vampires who hate Klaus and his family for what they've done. Hayley is even being forced to attend and I just wished it was over.

__________________________________
Klaus clinks his glass getting everyone's attention. "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift of immorality." I look around the table and everyone is annoyed or glaring at Klaus and he doesn't seem to care. "After 1,000 years one might expect for life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time, but as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." I shake my head at this comment. I know this isn't directed at me but I am again reminded what I am. I'm a witch but I'm also human. With a human life and feelings that could never match vampires. Klaus waves his fingers and the waitstaff comes over to stand over each vampire's side. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain." They roll up their sleeves and each pulls out a knife and slice their wrist. Letting their blood flow into their soup bowls. I try not to gag but the sight of everything is repulsive. "Our victories and our defeats." Klaus looks to Marcel when he says this and I wish he would check his ego and not rub his success in other's faces. "To my city, my home again. My the blood never cease to flow."

"And the party never end." I was surprised by Marcel joining in on the toast.

"To New Orleans." Diego one of Marcel's most trust men raises his glass now.

"To New Orleans."

"New Orleans." They all say together.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership. And I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have, what Marcel, in fact, took...and built into this." Klaus rests his hand on Marcel's shoulder. "A true community of vampires."

"What about them? The wolf and the witch?" Diego points at Hayley and me. Klaus is ticked off that his speech was interrupted.

"Had you let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." Klaus comes to stand next to me and take my hand in his. "As I assume you know, Sofia and I conceived a child months ago and the witches of this town sought to control me and my child by placing our baby into this girl." He points to Hayley. "Even though it is not ideal I trust you will all pay her respect and treat my love as the Queen she is." I'm so uncomfortable with this but Klaus continues. "However, I understand that some of you are concerned by the vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."

"Father of the year." Hayley mutters and I can tell how much it hurts Klaus for her saying this.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?"

"What?" Hayley and I say together.

"Klaus, no." She pleads but he ignores her.

"So, eat, drink, and be merry. And tomorrow I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead. Have fun. Kill them all." I shake my head at this. Klaus is enjoying this but I find it disgusting.