A June Wedding

Sorry for the long wait in-between. I hope you all enjoy this update. Getting closer to Sofia and Klaus reuniting.

Katherine is showing us her card and it's our turn to decided what our move will be. Damon sees it as a no brainer to set up Caroline and Stefan's wedding as a rouse to get her out. Caroline and Stefan are still on the outs with each other so to have their wedding sprung on them like this takes some of the romance out of it. She fears what Katherine can and could do and wants her girls as far away from the ceremony as possible but, Stefan isn't some random person. He's the man she loves despite everything. I better than anyone knows what it's like to love someone that you shouldn't. She wants the day to be over with and nothing to be done for her but Bonnie and I know that Caroline always needs a little push.

I see Caroline hiding out alone looking sadder than I've ever seen her. I knock startling her. "You want to talk?"

"You don't want to hear about my problems with all of your..." She looks down. "I'm sorry that was insensitive. I.."

"No, you're right Care. I have a lot of problems. The only living family member I have left is my brother and he's hunting down monsters all over the country. My sister is in an inevitable sleep state that we still have no idea how to wake her from. My fiancé and the father of my two children are being held prisoner by his son and there's nothing I can do but..." I look up at my best friend. "I wouldn't change any of it."

"You wouldn't?" She asks me shocked.

"Well I wish there could have been less death and murder but overall there is nothing I would change."

"Even after everything you lost?"

"I gained so much from it. I wish my parents could be alive to see me as a mother knowing they raised me right. Giving me all the right tools to make a wonderful life for my children. I would love it if my dad could walk me down the aisle whenever I marry Klaus but...there are somethings we can't change. Things happen for weird reasons and there is nothing wrong for being angry and sad."

"I want her here so bad. I miss her and it felt like I barely had time with her." I move Caroline closer to me so she can rest her head on my shoulder. "She would have sat through hours of me trying on dress after dress. Even though that was never something she liked. She is my mother and she's gone and the man I'm going to marry is..."

"Is the man you said you were going to marry for years. Hey, you called it the beginning of junior year. Definitely a June wedding." Caroline laughs at me as I remind her of this.

"Please that is so embarrassing."

"Have you ever thought what our lives would have been like if the supernatural never happened?" I ask Caroline and she looks up at me.

"We had the dreams of going to college together. Rushing sororities. We had all of these plans and things just changed."

"I miss having my youth where I was reckless and did things because I wanted to and not for any reason."

"Please when were you ever reckless?"

"Hey, I had sex in inappropriate places. I binge drank. Snuck out of the house and..."

"Compared to the many other things people do you were very vanilla."

"Thanks. Hey...teen pregnancy." I state with a smile. "With a really old guy. I'm talking a thousand years older."

"You should move back home."

"I can't. I've already put my children at risk being here for this long."