Parties and Bait

What are your predictions for the baby? Boy or girl? Twins?

"Come on Hope we're going on an errand." I pick my daughter up who won't stop cooing in my arms. I stand at the door of the compound for a while before making up my decision. What am I about to get myself into? "Okay, mama can do this." I knock on the door scared of what will happen next.

"Jackson I..." Hayley stares at us with her mouth wide open. Hope being as sweet as she is waves shamelessly at Hayley. I can hear her heart racing.

"I know we're not on the best of terms but...hear me out." I bounce Hope on my hip making her comfortable. "I was insecure about my inability to be the best mother to my daughter that I took my anger out on you. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't feel good getting revenge because it did, I..."

"I'm sorry for kidnapping Hope."

"What?"

"I was a complete bitch who overstepped her boundaries. I wanted to protect her at all cost and I never once thought about what it would do to you or Klaus. I was...I only thought of her." Hayley has tears in her eyes as she looks at Hope.

"Why didn't you at least talk to me before kidnapping my baby?" Tears are streaming down my face.

"I was in survival mode and there was no time for asking for permission. I thought if we all survived this in the end that we would forgive each other and...I had no idea what I did would cause all of this."

"I wanted to hate you so much for taking Hope I wanted to punish you in the worse way possible and I thought of no one but myself. I...I love my daughter more than anything or anyone and I just...I wanted to be strong enough to save her and...when you took her it was like you were telling me I wasn't good enough to be her mother."

"During my times running in the woods. I thought over and over again about what if I did things differently. If I had included you in the plan to cloak Hope and get her far away from Dahlia maybe the wolves would have survived. I...I overstepped in thinking I knew what was best for Hope and...I was wrong Sofia. I..." We're both a crying mess now.

"I meant what I said when I chose you to be Hope's godmother. I want her to have someone to look up to and understand what it means to be strong. I want her to know you."

"I can never make up for what I've done to you. I can't imagine how it made you feel having your child taken from you by someone you love and..."

"Life is so short to hate each other Hayley. We are family and I meant that I love you like family. That's why it hurt so much." She nods her head.

"I want you to know how sorry I am for the pain I've caused you and there is nothing I can do to make up for the loss your pack has suffered at my doing but...I lifted the curse."

"You what?"

"You and the rest of your pack is free. Come the next full moon you will never have to worry about turning unless you want to. I should have never cursed you, but I did and this is me making up for it." Hayley rushes out and crushes me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Sofia I..."

"We don't have to forget the pain we both felt that made us do horrible things but we can move on to make our relationship better."

"How do we do that?"

"For starters, you can hold your goddaughter." Hayley's heart stops.

"What I..."

"And as much of a bitch, I am and wanted to be. I couldn't stop from telling her how her godmother risked her life to save her and made sure she was born into this world healthy and happy. You were there when I couldn't be and I'm forever grateful for it."