one

4 years later..

"Cut! Great scene, everyone! We'll wrap it up here! Congratulations!"

Everyone claps altogether, as the movie set is finished. But there are a few people, who aren't fully satisfied with finishing the scenes up for the final cuts."

"Director~ I apologize but can we retake this one more time? I feel like my facial expression wasn't good enough..."

The director sighs to himself as he knows the cold weather is creating the lack of energy from the cast members. But someone in the back starts to say something, "Your face came out great. Are you just worried that you look shorter than me?"

The actress turns around in agitation as she faces the one and only actress, the main girl. Minju twirls her hair as she speaks, looking up annoyingly at the younger rookie. Minji smiles right after, looking over at the director and says, "Director~ I think her shot came out great...plus, it's her backside so why worry about how she looks when I have to be the one that faces the camera?"

She zips her parka up tightly before continuing to speak by crossing her arms, "I believe that the cast really deserves a rest and the shot came out perfectly." The director doesn't reply before nodding his head in agreement with Minju. Minju smiles brightly in response as she turns around to walk back inside, smirking to herself as she has won.

"Minju Sunbaenin."

Minju turns around to face the shorter actress before nodding in response. But that wasn't enough for her, as the other actress says in a cold tone, "Can we talk privately please?"

Minju moved her hands briskly to signal her manager and stylists away as the shorter actress lead them into a different room. Minju crosses her arms impatiently and stares at her light blue fingernails. But the other angrily says, "Yah, Kim Minju. You think you're all that because you debuted a month before me? We're the same age, and I am a perfectionist."

Minju scoffs lightly before resting her back against the door in relaxation. She looks up to face the other girl and replies annoyingly, "Yah, Yoo Siyeon. You think you kiss up to the director because you're known for foxing around? Not on my set where I'm the main star. Also, a month before you.... who won the award of that exact year? Ah right, it was me wasn't it?"

Minju laughs gently as she could see the other girl fuming in anger as she continues to speak, "Stop trying to become something you're not...it'll come biting your back when it does."

Minju turns around slowly and is about to leave the room as Xiyeon stops her, "Don't you think that if you act all cocky like that, you'll end up rock bottom? The sunshine won't always be shining on top of you. Just because you're the star of the show, it doesn't mean that you'll always stay on top."

Xiyeon flips her hair aside as Minju turns her head to meet her eyes once more. She opens the door at the same time, as she says quietly, "I'm always going to be better than you because I work my butt off while you kiss up to people."

Minju closes the door immediately but she doesn't move from her spot once she does. She looks down at her feet and bites her lips in frustration as her hand shakes gently. She slowly lets go of the door handle and rushes towards the bathroom urgently. Bending down in the stalls, she breathes slowly before standing up weakly afterward. She knows that it has been a few years since her life has spiraled into the place she is right now. All the hard tears she had to face when she was starting out as a trainee, and a rookie. But all she could think about is the attraction and the fame that Xiyeon has gotten despite the fact that Minju has gotten the award.

It was a slight debate after the award ceremony, that people thought Xiyeon deserved the award than Minju. But Xiyeon has already succeeded in gaining popularity with commercials. The only thing that made Minju famous was the drama that she worked on. But she knows that Xiyeon would continuously grind into her life because of their backstory...something that Minju does not want to think about but she knows it creeps onto her from time to time.

...

"Apollo, where are you at? Have you entered the premises?"

The in-ear piece is calling out Jeno, as everyone waits in silence. Jeno, aka Apollo, is currently standing in the hallway where the bomb is located near. Jeno replies quietly to not make any noise, "Apollo in."

"Underdog is in, copy."

"Ares is in the zone, copy."

"Where's Zinger?"

"On the floor below you, will arrive soon copy."

Jeno nods as he turns off his mic before turning to look at Jaemin and Renjun in response. They both had their guns up and ready, as Jeno carefully walks down the empty hallways of the abandoned building. There were reports at their station that there was a bomb implanted in one of the old apartment building that is dangerously near a really populated area. In order to ensure their safety, Jeno's team was dispatched to take care of the bomb.

A little profile of their team- NC901
Jeno - Apollo - Team Captain ; a bit boring at times but has a fun, dreamy side
Alpha - Minhyung - Team Analysts ; super focused on his job, works overtime often as he works in two teams
Jaemin - Underdog - Team Ace ; a great sniper
Renjun - Ares - Anger of the Team ; annoyingly smart to take out bombs but is impatient
Zinger - Chenle - Team Runner ; can run in faster speed, quick with his hands
King - Jisung - Team Maknae ; the youngest but also the bravest
Ivy - Donghyuck - Clown of the Team ; is always determined but is a distraction at times

Then, Minhyung returns the call into Jeno's earpiece as he says, "It's Alpha, copy. It's something that Jisung can solve on his own. After some research, it seems that it isn't going to be harmful if it explodes since Donghyuck sent me a sample of what the bomb is constructed of. I think you can send Jisung and Donghyuck alone to the actual scene. That's all for that Apollo, over."

Jeno waits for a few minutes before signaling Jisung and Donghyuck so that they can go alone. But knowing that he can't send his team alone, he follows after him as he tells Renjun and Jaemin to stay behind. Arriving at the scene of the bomb, Jisung immediately starts to place the computer on the ground to decipher the codes that Minhyung has sent.

Donghyuck stays close next to Jisung, as Jeno starts to check the empty apartment room. He checks each room just in case if there were any secret bombs around the area. As they wait, Jeno signals Minhyung as he asks quietly, "Do you know the reason why this bomb was placed here in the first place?"

He turns towards a corner to scan a different room as Minhyung replies quickly, "I have no idea honestly. They say it was a threat to make this building to explode."

"But why would they use materials that are not harmful....do you think there's a different intention?"

"....shit, I'm not a personal analyst, how would I know?"

"You know...just want to keep everyone safe."

"Apollo, I think you're doing a great job. Now, Jisung signaled me that they're almost done dispatching the bomb so stop worrying and head over towards where they are."

Jeno doesn't respond, as he suddenly feels got nervous immediately when he starts to walk over towards the closet that is found in the other room. He swears he could hear a slight beeping noise, just as Donghyuck calls his name over to inform that they got rid of the bomb. But Jeno doesn't listen, and briskly opens the closet without a second thought, so unlikely of him.

BOOM.