three

one year later...

"Again."

Minju clenches her fist and tries to remain her composure as she stares at the camera. She has been acting like she was crying for 30 minutes already, but Xiyeon finds the fun to make her keep crying. Minju forces a smile as she wipes the excess tears from her eyes, as she stands in front of the camera and waits for the "action" sign.

Opening the door to her dressing room, Minju basically throws herself against the couch as she grunts in anger. Her stylist comes running after her, closing the door before Minju's tantrums can be heard.

She buries her face against a pillow and screams with all her might. Her stylist tries to calm her down, but there is a knock on the door. They both shoot up to sit down, and Xiyeon comes walking into the doorway with her little group. She smiles brightly with her devilishly white teeth and crinkles her nose just like how she tries to charm everyone.

Minju looks up in annoyance as Xiyeon taunts her slightly, "Sunbaenim~ I'm sorry you had to re-do your scene. I kept forgetting my lines...you know how much line the main actress has to memorize.."

"That sounds great... I'm glad you're working as the main actress. Though, I know that I had to give up that role in order for you to have a chance~"

The atmosphere turns cold immediately as the two actresses stare at each other viciously. It just depended on who will back down first; they will not die. Xiyeon continues to flash her smile as she slowly makes her way out the door, replying back, "Well, I can't thank you enough. The director says I'm a better fit for the actress."

Minju clenches her fists tightly under her skirt and continues to smile, "Of course. I know how talented of a friend you are."

Friend was a cringey choice of word, but it shows that Minju knows how to take care of the situation correctly. Xiyeon nods before leaving the room with her staff, closing the door slowly.

Minju breathes heavily as she does, trying to process whatever is going through her mind currently. She looks around to find a bottle of water as her hands start to shake gently. Her stylist excuses herself from the room to get some food, while Minju breathes and tries to stop the sudden tears coming out. All of a sudden, she feels her throat clenching tightly with a lack of oxygen. She hurries outside the door, running away from the room and down the hospital hall.

Since the hospital is the scene that they need to film today, she is glad she can find a hidden place there. Trying to find a better place, she runs up to the rooftop and takes in the fresh air rushing towards her lungs thankfully. She grabs onto the railing and breathes heavily as she couldn't hold it in without a word. After a few breathes, she finally sits down on the ground and brings her face to her knees.

She wipes her tears after finally calming herself. Looking away, she stares up at the clear, blue sky. It looks so beautiful compared to the pain that she was experiencing inside. Starting at the blue sky gives her less anxiety, and a way to calm herself, Minju finally calms down and is able to stand up by herself.

She slowly makes her way towards the rooftop door before turning around to see someone else on the opposite side of the rooftop. Their back is turned, and they seem to be sitting on a wheelchair, but too dangerously close to the railing. The wheelchair seems to be inching closer and closer to the railing, and all she could do is try and stop the person.

She runs over to prevent the wheelchair patient from inching closer to the railing and pulls the chair back as she falls onto the floor. The person falls with her, causing the person to fall right on top of her. She gasps and closes her eyes tightly without a doubt, and feels the person laying right on top other.

When she opens her eyes, all she could see is the pair of surprised eyes staring right back at her and the pain that was slowly rising as she is basically trampled onto the ground. They both stare at each other's eyes, and the male does not seem like he will be moving very soon. Yet, she could see the streaks of tears that formulated within the male's pupils and she tries to gain the courage to speak up but someone beats her to it.

"Jeno!"

A pair of four feet come running to help the male sit back up on his wheelchair. The male doesn't say anything, however, remaining stagnant in his movement and speech. One of the friends help Minju up as she brushes off the dust from her clothes. Her stylist seems to have seen her too, as she comes running to help Minju.

One of the patient's friends speaks up and asks, "Are you okay? Sorry for the hassle...we were just getting some water and we didn't know he would fall."

Minju looks at the quiet patient, who is glaring angrily at her without a word. She is quite surprised that she helped this ungrateful man as she replies with anger, "He was trying to hurt himself and instead, I am the one who got hurt. I am quite offended that he is glaring at me."

The patient looks away without a word, as one of the friends speaks up in response, "He's a bit sick right now. I hope you understand."

Minju scoffs in annoyance before looking down at her wrist, which aches painfully. She holds up her wrist to show her pain, which has a slight cut from falling onto the ground. She looks at her stylist, who is trying to persuade her from leaving. She looks back at the quiet patient once more, before answering, "I won't forget this day. Don't you know me? I'm Kim Minju. And I will want to receive compensation for risking my life to save your friend right there."

Minju turns around immediately before making her way out the rooftop, holding onto her wrist tightly to ease the pain.

Chenle turns around to face Jeno as he sighs heavily with Jaemin. Jaemin asks carefully to the silent male, "Why...did you want to go near the railing? It's dangerous."

Jeno looks away from them and stares out into the city view. He doesn't respond, as Chenle expected. Before they leave the rooftop, Jeno promises one thing to himself and the clear blue sky.

"I'll get better soon. To fall and break my life all over again."