nine

Minju doesn't what to do in the painfully quiet room. No one is saying anything, nor can she excuse herself to go home. It's past 8, and everyone is tapping mindlessly on their computer. She needs to go home, so she packs her backpack up with the files. Donghyuck, of course, glares up at her and snaps, "Where do you think you're going?"

"I was supposed to go home an hour ago."

"With Jeno laying on the bed like that, you can't do anything."

"Donghyuck stop it." Minhyung warns angrily as he steps into the office.

Donghyuck turns to the older and whines, "Hey, she's trying to leave. You can go on."

Donghyuck rolls his eyes, earning a slap on the arm from Jaemin. Minju excuses herself before Minhyung stops her, "You should go talk to Jeno. He's feeling down right now, and I think him testing you on the files might help him get his mind in ease."

Minju blinks and bows in response, leaving the office with Donghyuck arguing with Minhyung again. She walks by Taeil's office, as she hears him talking with another doctor, "He didn't eat anything...what should we do? We can't give him IV's all the time."

"Let him be stubborn. He'll snap out of it hyung."

Minju continues to walk down the hall as she arrives to the infirmary. She is about to open the door, as Johnny leaves right when she does. His face brightens up and says, "Oh hello, Minju-sshi? Jisung told me about you, and I watch your dramas sometimes."

Minju smiles back gently as he hides a black plastic bag behind his back. She peers carefully at it, and asks, "What is this?"

"Oh some porridge...but Jeno doesn't seem to want to eat it."

"I'll give it to him.."

"Really? I think it's best not to bother him right now.."

"I mean I have to report stuff to him... so I'll take it."

Johnny slowly hands her the bag of food, as she thanks him and carefully makes her way inside. Inside, she sees Jeno's back facing the door, as she clears her throat quietly. He sighs immediately and says in a loud voice, "I said I don't want-"

He turns around to face the other, before not saying anything. He rolls his eyes as he turns his back around, "I thought you are only here until 7pm. Go home."

"I still need to be quizzed..."

"Go ask Jisung to help you."

"I mean, you know more information. So I wanted to ask you."

"Why are you being so annoying right now?"

Minju quietly sits down on the chair next to the bed, and protests, "I'm not. I just wish to help you and-"

"I don't need your help. Leave."

"You told me to always check with you, and I don't want to hear complaints tomorrow when I arrive to the office. So sit up and please help me, Mr. Lee."

Jeno doesn't respond before slowly sitting up quietly as she helps him up. He leans away from her grasp, and she then retreats to sit down on the chair. She places a small desk table on the bed so that she can put the files on it. She also places the bowl of porridge as she speaks up before he nags, "The others are worried. And if you don't clean this bowl up, then I'm going to get in trouble by the others."

Jeno reluctantly receives the spoon from her, and forces a spoonful into her mouth as she smiles a little to ignore the glare he was giving her. He quickly finishes the whole bowl and she takes it from him, throwing it into the plastic bag and throws it away in the trash can. The nightly skies were bright since the stars sparkled brightly and the dim light contrasts the color of the room.

She hands him the file afterwards, and she hears him grunting before asking her the questions to quiz her. After they finished, she stands up and takes her things and makes her way to the door. The room is silent, before Jeno speaks up quietly, "Thanks, I heard you helped me."

She turns slightly from the door as they make eye contract. They stare at each other quietly for a few seconds as he adds while looking out the window, "Take a day off tomorrow. And come next week since it's Friday tomorrow. On Monday, we will start training so bring gym clothes."

Minju smiles brightly at the news as she excitingly replies, "Really?"

Jeno turns his head to face her again, admiring her smile for second before his brain calls his chest crazy for having it clench a little. It's been awhile since he could actually feel a pain seeping in. He forces himself to smile back, not forming a smirk in the process.

"Really."