forty - six

Minju soon wakes up from her drugged state as her head continues to ache gently as her stomach seems to have settled down. She confusingly looks up to find Jeno peering down at her worriedly as she sits up slowly from the couch. She turns to the other quietly as she asks with a whisper, "What happened?"

"You got drugged with sleeping pills and it seems to have messed you up since all you ate was a piece of candy. It's fine now, the director moved the shooting back a few hours so that you can rest and wake up."

"How long was I out?"

"Like 3 hours?"

"Doesn't your leg hurt?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about it."

Jeno gently strokes Minju's hair as she starts to regain consciousness. Minhyung arrives into the room with a tray full of food as he sighs out with relief, "Thank goodness you're okay now. Xiyeon just got interrogated by us."

"Did she confess her crimes?"

Minhyung shakes his head as he replies back quietly, "It seems that she paid the other stylists to keep a blind eye. They all disagreed to the statement but it was fairly obvious that she passed out the goodie bag with the orange juice inside yours."

Minju angrily clutches her fists as she feels the anger rising inside of her. But Jeno calms her down as he continues to stroke her hair gently as he replies back, "It's all okay. Don't worry about it. She did need to leave the premises, and Jisung came to pick her up and watch her so that she doesn't go near the set."

She nods quietly before standing up a little to stretch as she replies back, "Let's get to work."

Jeno makes her sit down by pulling her arm gently as he sternly commands, "Eat first. Then rest for a bit and then go."

"But I don't want my face to be swollen."

"You look beautiful. Now eat."

Minhyung shutters at the sight of the couple as he grumbles himself, "I'm in the room and they need to act like that. Disgusting."

They all arrive back onto the set altogether as the director welcomes Minju with an apologetic smile, "I am glad you're okay! Last scene and you really get all these things disturbing the peace."

Minju nods with a faint smile as she replies back, "Yes. But don't worry. I'm back in business."

"Great! Now let's start shooting."

Jeno watches quietly from behind the director as he watches Minju continue to fight through her action scenes. He is aware of the bruise she now holds as one of the stuntmen from earlier kicked her too harshly but she manages to fight through it all. Everything seems to be in the place it should but Jeno can't stop to think that something negative will happen.

Meanwhile, Minhyung checks the set to make sure that no one suspicious enters. He switches with the other guards as he surveillance the exit as he whistles to himself before he hears footsteps approaching from behind him. He turns around to try and figure out who it may be but the next thing he knows, he gets hit on the back of head with something indestructible.

He falls to the floor as he feels the blood trickling down from the back of his head as he isn't able to signal Jeno about an attack. The perpetrator gets on his knees and makes Minhyung look up at him as Minhyung painfully makes out the face before he gets knocked completely this time. He is able to knock out the other security guards without anyone noticing before making his way inside the set.

Minju is flying across the pavement as the set starts to crumble rocks one by one so that it seems that she is escaping through an earthquake. She manages to get through the planned set as she stands in front of her co-star as she holds her fake gun out to carry out her lines. But she realizes that her harness is a little looser than before so her balance is a little off from standing on the cliff. The co-star excellently delivers her lines before they both fight to finish the scene and Minju gets stabbed to mark the end of her time on the movie set.

After a few seconds of pause, the director yells cut to stop the scene and decides that they don't need to re-shoot the scene as the co-star helps Minju up and hugs her as they both finish without any damage. Minju bows to each staff member around her as she jumps down the cliff which is about 5 feet from the ground, and she realizes that the harness isn't going to support her. She quickly buzzes for Jeno to arrive below her in which he runs in time so that she can jump into his arms as he manages to do so.

She smiles brightly as Jeno hugs her close as he was worried that she might have jumped too quickly without him there to help her. He makes her that the harness is off completely before complaining that the harness was too weak and could have been a dangerous run. He tries to contact Minhyung but he isn't able to get a good signal.

Minju catches his attention and asks if they can check outside. Jeno agrees as the staff members are not really paying attention to the pair as they hold hands happily before making their way towards the exit. But, Minju turns to the side to see someone starting to approach them with a weapon that seems to imitate a pistol. She realizes that the hands are tainted with red blood which doesn't seem like it's from the set. Jeno is talking by himself as he isn't paying attention to her, as she turns them around and hugs him tightly as Jeno hears a shot go off.

It rings in his ear as all the staff turn and faces the pair before screaming loudly to escape. Jeno grabs his own gun and shoots the perpetrator as Minju gets shot once more before falling onto the ground. The stuntmen, who were around the area, manage to tackle the perpetrator as Jeno stares at the male before realizing that only one person fits the deal.