forty - four

Chenle and John both drive towards the set as Taemin ensures John that things are going as planned. Exactly five days passed since he visited the office and he is aware that Minhyung notified the captain that the riddle was given but unsolved. His plan is going as accordingly well, and he knows that all will fall into plan.

Jeno makes Chenle and John stay close by him and the other secretary guards so that they will fully watch over Minju while she films. Just a few days of filming left and this makes Jeno pretty sad since he would need to start heading back towards the station to work, which is something he never thought that will happen. His sense of emotions are slowly coming back as he slowly gets rid of the doubts and hate that he had packed after he broke up with Yeji.

John glances at the set as he slowly starts to engrave the image into his head, but his process is interrupted as Jeno calls him out towards him. John snaps from his focused state to a spaced out expression as he replies with a slight jump to add to the act, "Yes, Captain?"

Jeno already notices this odd behavior but he makes sure that he acts like he hasn't seen it as he replies with a smile, "First time on set?"

The other nods in response as Chenle gently pats his arm with a laugh as Jeno turns around as he walks away. John turns around to face a different direction as he sees Minju's backside from afar as he realizes that she is staring at them both as well. She tilts her head slightly to the side as she is still pretty confused with the new worker in the team. He stares back at her intently as Jeno grabs his attention once more as he dismisses Chenle from the set to go check out a different spot in the location. 

John turns towards the captain as Jeno leans in to whisper with an angered tone, "I don't know what's in your twisted head, but I know that the reason why you're here isn't a good one." 

John chuckles deviously as he turns to face Jeno properly as he crosses his arms in the process and replies, "What makes you so sure of it?" 

"Did Taemin hyung send you?" 

"And may that be?" 

Jeno scoffs to himself as he really does not want to deal with the brazen new worker as he replies back with his head tilted to the side, "We'll see if he did or not. But you are definitely removed from the office the moment I get back." 

"Let's see how long it takes you to do that." 

The other answers back confidently with a smug expression as Chenle then interrupts their conversation with an elated comment, "Guys! I can't believe it. They have a food truck here. I'm so hungry, let's go!" 

Chenle drags John away from Jeno as they both run off towards the outside to get some food as Jeno glares at John's backside as if he is trying to get the right answers. He is soon interrupted as Minju tugs on his sleeve from behind. He turns around with his expression loosening as she drags him away from his position without another word. He follows behind her like a lost puppy as then she arrives to her makeup room without speaking once. 

She shuts the door close as Jeno is then pushed towards the center of the makeup room. Minju seems to be upset as Jeno blinks confusingly as she makes her way closer to him as she starts to whine, "Ah, you were looking at the pretty co-star, weren't you? You never turned to look at me!" 

Jeno hides his laughter as he is well aware that a different co-star was near him when he was talking with John. Easy to misunderstand. He finds it super adorable as he replies without hesitation, "So what if I was?" 

Minju angrily steps on his foot as she threatens to kick him in the shin as he feels no pain. He pretends that it does as he clutches onto his ankle as he asks with a grin, "What was that for?" 

"You're so annoying!" 

Minju tries to storm off before Jeno pulls her into a sweet, quick hug. She seems to quiet down afterward as he can feel the heat radiating from her body as she seems now cool down after reassurance. "I wasn't looking at her. I was talking to John and I didn't want people to think of us being together so I had no choice not to look at you." 

Minju wraps her arms around him as well as they both embrace each other quietly as Jeno somehow feels a new sense of feeling: relief. He feels better now that Minju is around him and she definitely took away his arising sense of anger. She pulls away slightly to squish Jeno's cheek out of the blue which makes the Minju laugh as she finds it super adorable. 

Now it is Jeno's turn to whine as he tries to pry her hands off his cheeks. She squishes it multiple times as she sighs with contempt before releasing her hands. Jeno grabs her hand softly before placing a gentle kiss on each knuckle as he soothingly rubs his thumb over them. They both stare at each other's orbs as they lose track of time. A knock on the door quickly makes them both jump as one of the stylists yells through, "Time to start shooting again!" 

"On it!" 

Jeno kisses the top of Minju's forehead as he speaks gently with adoration, "Be careful when you do your stunts. And always ask me if you're confused." 

"Oh, you make me sound like I'm clumsy and a little girl." 

"Because you are one!" 

He earns a slap on the arm as a reward instead.