seven

"Why is she sitting in our office?"

Jeno angrily speaks up as he stands in front of the office door with his arms crossed. Donghyuck stands next to him and imitates him, as Renjun shakes his head at him. Minju is sitting on one of the chairs with a different image from a few days ago. She is wearing a plain red t-shirt, with black jeans and black sneakers. Her hair is swept up into a bun and she is actually wearing minimal makeup. Jisung and Minhyung both stand up as they were sitting next to her as Jisung speaks up, "Hyung, she is here to talk to you."

"I don't have anything to say to her. Tell her the way to the exit once more."

Minhyung snaps back at him, "Hey Lee Jeno. I know you're having a hard time, but stop being a bitch for one minute and talk to her about this opportunity. The rest of us will stay outside."

Jeno glares at the older before he starts to argue back, "By what authority? I'm the captain here."

"And I'm the older one here, and I'm ordering you as a hyung."

Renjun tries to calm the situation down as he stands between them, and Jaemin speaks up from the side, "Yeah, just listen what she needs to say."

He grabs Donghyuck and drags him outside as the other protests with annoyance, "HEY I WANT TO SEE HIM YELL AT HER-"

Renjun drags Chenle and Jisung outside, as Jeno watches them leave the office. Minju is staring at the ground as she is still just listening to the team argue. Minhyung walks over to the exit, as he is the last one to leave. Jeno glares at him continuously as Minhyung doesn't seem to care, and closes the door as he does. Jeno grumbles and messes up his hair at the anger rising.

Minju carefully looks up at the standing male as she tries to speak up but Jeno makes his way to his desk. He sits down and doesn't even glance at her, as she stands up to make her way to him. "Um, Lee Jeno-sshi. I wanted to apologize for what I did a few days ago... I was just...not ready for all the training that I would need to go to."

Jeno doesn't reply nor react to anything she is saying as he is doing his own work, staring at his files. Minju tries to not yell as she clenches her fists before trying to calm herself. She continuous carefully, "I really...need your help. Yes, I could ask someone else. But my director really recommended me to meet you and learn from you. I won't complain at all! I will do what you ask me to."

Jeno looks up from his files and folds his hands together as he rests them on the table. He smirks a little before mockingly repeats, "I won't complain at all. I will do what you ask me to?"

She nods quickly, forgetting a second to regret what she said. She sighs to herself as Jeno turns his head to the side before standing up. He places his hands inside his pocket and walks towards her. She blinks and holds her breathe a little when the other walks to her close to her. She backs up immediately, and her legs hit against the couch. She holds onto the sofa as he is standing extremely close to her, and their faces are a few inches apart. She tries to not fidget around as he quietly stares at her.

He then backs up and keeps his hands in his pockets as he adds, "Since you said that, you need to come here everyday at 3pm and leave this office at 7pm. I already have your schedule in my emails so you can't lie about being late or leaving early. You will be working in this office until I decide whether your mindset is ready to be trained by me. If I hear one little complain from your mouth, you will be banned from coming here. And I won't help you ever."

Minju tries to protest but her furrows her eyebrows a bit before biting on her tongue gently. Jeno seems pleased with her response and smiles his devilish smile as he has his hand out. "Does that seem like a deal?"

Minju's hand wavers on whether she should shake it or not. But, she knows she doesn't have that much time, and that she needs to get training started soon in order to not lose her part to Xiyeon. She sighs heavily before holding his hand and shakes it, finally being able to speak and respond, "Agreed."

"And also, from now on, you need to call me Mr. Lee as I am your superior now."

She feels her anger rushing to her head as she feels Jeno taunting her continuously but she has no choice to agree since she has a few months to get her training and be fit for her role. The faster she did it, the faster she can find herself in a better place than Xiyeon once again.