twenty - nine

Jeno finds the silence unsettling and unexplainable; Minju is keeping her distance as Yeji's words continue to echo through her ears. He gently clears his throat as he asks quietly, "Are you okay?"

Minju doesn't respond to him as she continues to space out without a word. Jeno doesn't know how to react before he turns around to face the wall as he speaks up once more, "I'm heading to bed."

Still no response.

One hour soon passes as Jeno finds himself not falling asleep at all. Minju is not next to him on the bed so he carefully turns around as he discovers Minju quietly sleeping on the chair with her body rested against the wall. He wonders why Minju is acting so differently from a few hours ago. He shifts his body as he turns around to face the actress, staring at her subtle beauty within the dimly-lit room. He knows that something must be bothering her as Minju's face is revealing it all. He carefully sits up and gets off the bed as he can move around now as he didn't tell Minju the truth yet. He walks over to the actress as the moon shines brightly against the window. 

He gently stares at her soft complexions that shine along with the moonlight. He smiles to himself before gently picking up the tired actress in his arms swiftly and places her onto the hospital bed. She immediately finds her comfort on the bed in her sleep as Jeno continues to smile at her actions. He covers the other's body with the blanket and makes his way towards the window to stare out towards the city. He remembers faintly of how he felt towards someone, especially his ex-girlfriend. But that disappeared with the accident but also through his breakup, Jeno overcame that anxiety with work. 

And now since he can't even work, he knows his mental mindset and emotional state of mind as work is the only thing that eased him. Turning around, he watches the actress quietly once more as he rests his back against the window. He knows he shouldn't try to find a solution to loving her as he knows he can't fully get better. The only way to protect Minju is being apart from her, and he knows that it would also be beneficial for himself as well. 

Minju opens her eyes wide as she finds herself laying down on the hospital bed. Sitting up immediately, she stretches her arms up before hearing Chenle speak up, "Wow, hyung told me to not wake you up but you did sleep for a long time." 

Minju turns her head to find Chenle and Minhyung peering at her with amusement as Jeno is also sitting down next to them on a different chair. Minju makes a face and cusses inside her head mentally as she knows that everyone is going to misunderstand that she laid down there. But, Jeno soon stands up slowly as he teases gently, "Well I was planning to kick you off anyways." 

Minju rolls her eyes annoyingly as she remembers what Yeji had said to her yesterday. She gets off the bed as the nurse enters into the room confusingly at seeing Minju get up from the bed. Jeno turns his head towards the nurse as he speaks before her, "She needed a hour nap. That's our little secret please." 

The nurse nods quietly before checking on Jeno's IV drip before quickly scurrying out of the hospital room. Minju looks around at the others quietly before standing up to leave. Jeno doesn't say much to her as well, as Minhyung realizes the awkwardness between them. But it didn't bother the both of them soon after as Jeno calls out Minju right before she leaves the actual room, "Bring some cake. The doctor said I can start eating from tonight." 

Minju turns her head as her usual, annoyed smile is painted onto her face, "Why are you making me get it?" 

"Because I let you sleep on my precious bed."