thirty - nine

Jeno walks around the set as he continues to keep an eye out for Minju. He is notified that there is a new trainee within the office so that he doesn't need to worry about the workload. He smiles as Minju accomplishes her scenes without using a stunt double as they practiced together the night before on her punching and falling scenes. A few more days of working and finally she gets to rest from filming the movie. She makes a few more eye contacts at Jeno with loving eyes as she finds herself looking at him often. Jeno finds it entertaining as well as he watches her the entire time which makes her a little embarrassed to not mess up.

When lunch hits, everyone excitingly makes their way to the parking lot as a food truck arrives with a huge banner that Jungwoo has sent it. Jeno rolls his eyes annoyingly when all the staff members thank Jungwoo for the kimbap that the food truck offers with other variety of foods. He watcha from afar as everyone thanked Jungwoo for the food, who was also talking with Minju and laughing with the staff. He realizes that he isn't able to receive that kind of attention at all because the lifestyle between the two are so different. He wonders immediately if Minju is expecting to receive this much attention and if she will ever feel disappointed that Jeno is not able to suffice any of it.

But just as he starts to wonder continuously, Jeno is interrupted abruptly in thought by a different staff member to help attend a viewing of the shot that Minju was shooting earlier. Minju turns her head just in time to see Jeno walking away from the site as she immediately misunderstands the situation. Jungwoo looks at her for a second before realizing that she is focusing her attention elsewhere. He knows that he is far from appealing romantically towards her but he really dislikes the fact that Minju's continuous attention is on Jeno even in this moment.

Taemin places his phone down as he smiles in success of placing John within the station. He knows that it is not easy to trick the application for John's background but he knows that anyone can be hired as the work at the swat team is piling up due to Jeno's absence. Finishing his meal, he turns to Xiyeon who is angrily staring at her phone as he asks curiously, "Why do you hate her so much?"

Xiyeon turns her attention as she isn't eating due to her restrictive diet. Taemin's secretary then cleans up the area as she anxiously waits for the news of the sudden accident of hopefully of her enemy. But by the looks of Taemin's dull expression, she rolls her eyes quietly before replying back with a sigh, "We were best friends. But she suddenly got so much attention for being so pretty in high school and when we were trainees. I couldn't stand it; she's not even pretty."

"So you got jealous?"

"Not jealous..I am never jealous of her. She just needed to be put in her place because I'm the prettier one and the smarter one. Also, I gain so much popularity at a faster pace than she did."

Taemin listens with excitement as he found it amusing that the backstory of Xiyeon was this gossip-like. He makes a mental note to keep this on file so that the purpose of Xiyeon's motives would be because she is jealous. That is what it seems like it is, and Taemin knows that this will be successful. He lifts his cup of tea to cheer for this event as Xiyeon finds herself immersed into her phone once more as Taemin just stares at her as he sips his tea quietly. He analyzes her movements and her reactions to when she is on her phone as he finds himself intrigued by the interesting personality that Xiyeon holds.

John furiously types on his computer as he writes the daily report of the station as he submits it to Jaemin as his shift comes to an end. Donghyuck and Chenle are discussing about Jeno's comeback as John listens quietly as he makes sure to catch each detail. Minhyung enters into the room with a quite shocked expression as he didn't know that the newbie is still there. John bows his head in respect as Minhyung smiles back a little to respond. But he turns his attention towards the other two as he asks urgently, "Did you guys text Jeno recently?"

Donghyuck teases the older to annoy him, "Heh, we have to address the names properly, Alpha. The newbie is here."

Minhyung rolls his eyes in agitation as Chenle laughs along with the other as they all make fun of him. John watches intensely without a thought which kind of creeps Minhyung out a bit. Minhyung turns his attention back at the laughing pair as he replies back seriously, "I'm serious, Ivy. There isn't times for jokes right now."

Donghyuck imitates the other's expression as Chenle interrupts the conversation as he realizes the seriousness within Minhyung's tone, "What's going on with Captain."

Minhyung is aware of John's presence as he replies back calmly, "I'll explain over dinner. I called Jisung so that we can discuss it."

Donghyuck turns his attention towards John as he tries to signal Minhyung if he is going to take John with them. John watches the back of Minhyung's head stay still as he realizes that the three are doing a secret code without him knowing. He is determined to find out what the three is talking about if he pries towards Chenle for facts. After their silent discussion, the three head on out with John as John smiles a fake grin as he assures them, "No worries. My brother wants me to stop by his office so that we can grab dinner. Maybe we all can get dinner another time."

Chenle pouts a little as he seems to enjoy the older's presence as John pats his back. Donghyuck and Minhyung watch them both quietly as Chenle waves him goodbye as Donghyuck also yells, "See you tomorrow, Trophy."

Minhyung leads the pair towards his car as he asks curiously, "You guys gave him the name Trophy?"

Chenle nods with excitement as he smiles brightly, "He let me pick me for it. He's such a cool person."

Minhyung watches John's black car disappear onto the city streets as an irking feeling starts to erupt within his stomach. He knows that it is a mixture of hunger and fear as he gets an uneasy feeling about John in some way. He also remembers this feeling of when he found out that Jeno was attacked in the station before. He knows that Chenle is the easiest to get along with out of all the members so he decides to make sure that he reminds Chenle to not discuss any personal issues within the station with John when they are alone.