two

"There was a bomb incident that happened late in the afternoon at 2 pm yesterday. The police confirmed that there was a hidden bomb that was not found in the apartment when it was indicated that it would be. Three SWAT team members are reported to be injured, but the team captain is reported to be in critical condition as he was the one to discover this issue."

Minju groans to herself and immediately turns off the tv, as she eats her toast and yogurt as per usual. She sighs and says loudly without a thought, "Why is there were an issue about this?"

"That's because the world is full of crazy people, perhaps like you."

Minju turns around angrily to see who spoke up but quickly her expression softens as she sees her best friend into her living room. She makes a face at him and speaks up in response, "Yah, what are you doing here early in the morning, Jungwoo?"

"And why are you talking to the television?"

Minju smiles immediately before shaking her head, as Jungwoo sits down next to her and takes a slice of toast as well. Minju shrugs her shoulders and passes him the rest of her food, and Jungwoo immediately eats without another word.

It's always been like that. The two of them...her only best friend. He is two years older, but he somehow allowed her to not call him oppa as she told him specifically that it was uncomfortable. Jungwoo finishes the rest of the plate and asks as he turns on the tv, "Why aren't you finishing this simple piece of food?"

Minju shrugs as she stares at the television screen, "Not that hungry."

The next thing she knows, he nudges her gently on the forehead...then she complains against it. Jungwoo stands up to wash the dishes quietly as she rests her full body against the couch. Jungwoo turns back from time to time to look at her, worrying over her not eating properly.

It's always been like that...

Minju not caring a world about herself, as Jungwoo just lets her do what she wants. She gave him the passcode to her home as he is the only one who ever even visits her. They gained the friendship to not be misunderstood as lovers since Minju claimed that Jungwoo is not her ideal type.

But Jungwoo gets confused from time to time...

...

"Is he still not awake?"

Minhyung nervously bites his own fingernails, as Renjun paces back and forth around the room. Jaemin looks as stressed as he rests his head against the window. Chenle is in a different room as he is watching over Jisung and Donghyuck, who are worried as hell.

Jeno, still unconscious, laid there without a sound as the rest of the SWAT team members are getting better but feeling worse about themselves. Minhyung repeats nonstop loudly, "If only I have asked the drone to check the premises one more time."

Renjun places a hand on his shoulder to ensure him that it isn't his fault. Jaemin walks out of the room to breathe as he still can't believe his best friend is still lying down in bed. He walks over to Donghyuck's and Jisung's room to get some fresh air as well.

The doctor enters into the room without a word, as Renjun looks over at Minhyung in worry so that he wouldn't blame himself again.

"Good and bad news... Some good news would be that there seems a chance that he won't have any issues when he wakes up. We made sure that nothing in his brain and body parts to be damaged."

"What about the bad news?"

"He might have a difficult time trying to recognize the difficulty of understanding what feelings may be..?"

"What does that..."

"Are you saying he has alexithymia?" Minhyung's eyes shoot open when he turns to look over at Renjun, who has been staying put the entire time. Minhyung mouths the words, "How the hell do you know that.."

"Correct...the inability to identify and describe the emotions within oneself."

Minhyung sits back down due to the growing shock, and Renjun sighs heavily at the response. "Is it going to be a lasting effect?"

"I cannot say how long it goes....but once he cannot control his emotions, even more, it worsens each time he cannot describe his feelings."

The doctor bows and leaves quietly as the two look at each other in shock. The cheery, young male that's their leader, is going to forget the feelings of it all....and will only experience the full feelings of loss. Minhyung clenches his hands against his forehead to stop the headache from growing in a way, and Renjun just blankly stares at Jeno's sleeping face.