thirty - six

Turning his head as he angrily grunts to himself, Jeno watches from far from the set as Jungwoo and Minju are both getting interviewed to claim their innocence. Yes, he is somewhat glad that the two aren't together, but he feels an urge to get upset at the idea of them trying to proclaim their innocence. He soon realizes that this feeling can be felt when someone feels jealous as he walks away from the set with confused laughter, "I am not jealous. I am totally not jealous. That makes no sense." 

He keeps pacing around the parking lot of the set before both Jungwoo and Minju arrive towards the male. He clears his throat to himself as he asks nonchalantly, "How did it go?" 

Jungwoo shrugs his shoulders as Minju bites her lip nervously, "I hope it went well. I don't want both of us to lose our jobs." 

Jeno shrugs as well when Minju does before walking towards the exit of the parking lot where their car is parked at. Jungwoo soon follows without a sound but Jeno realizes this as he asks with slight annoyance, "Don't you have your own car?" 

"Manager isn't working today as I gave him a day off. I already talked with Minju's manager so no need to butt into our business." 

Minju hides her growing smile at the scene as she enters the van first without turning back at the bickering males. Jeno scoffs to himself as Jungwoo sneers slightly in response before closing the door to stop him from entering into the backseat. This forces Jeno to enter inside the passenger seat, which he clearly is agitated with his response. Jungwoo as well finds pleasure in teasing the male as he continues to whisper to Minju with useless comments which get Minju to laugh and response as well. 

Jeno rolls his eyes annoyingly before staring out the window while placing his headphones on to block out any sounds. Minju's manager feels the heat of anger radiating from Jeno's body as he feels even more uncomfortable driving for the three. 

They both arrive towards Jeno's station once more where Jeno is to be dropped off. But Jeno refuses to work as he claims loudly, "I'll follow." 

Jungwoo and Minju both turn their heads to face the passenger as Minju's manager is a little baffled as he replies quietly, "Alright, will do." 

Jungwoo scoffs to himself under his breath as he stares at the back of Jeno's head. He wonders what's been running around in the other's head and if he really seems to have feelings for Minju. Jungwoo turns slightly to glance at Minju, who is staring outside the window as well. But through the reflection, he can see how Minju's face turning red slowly as he can see her lips turning into a small smile. That's when he starts to get a grasp of what is noticeable between the two. 

They are falling in love. 

Taemin watches his phone buzz quietly as he gets out of his car as he arrives to the station. Awaiting for his cousin to arrive to work, he ignores the constant text messages that Xiyeon is sending. He arrives inside to the police station, as he finds his way inside towards the SWAT team office as Johnny leads him towards it. Members but Minhyung and Jaemin are in the office working as Taemin smiles brightly as he opens the door with a smile, "Hey kiddos." 

Minhyung looks up at the familiar voice as he replies back, "Hyung!" 

Jaemin glances at the two as he looks over to greet the other as well. Jaemin always gets an eerie feeling around the older that he couldn't grasp. Jaemin stands up to excuse himself from the area, but Taemin is blocking the exit way. Minhyung stands up as well before realizing how chilly the atmosphere just turned because of the two. Taemin continues to flash a bright smile as he turns to the younger, "It's been a long time, and you still don't show respect." 

"I don't show respect to those I don't trust." 

"How can I make you trust me?" 

Jaemin looks over at the confused Minhyung in response before glaring back at the older, whispering, "Never. You will always be suspected because something is always off about you." 

"I will take that as a compliment, Jaemin." 

Jaemin rolls his eyes in response before shoving himself past the other, walking away as he muttered to himself angrily. Minhyung never really understood the two whenever they would talk, but then again, they haven't seen each other for awhile. Minhyung assists Taemin to sit down at the main lounge but the other finds more interest in wandering towards Jeno's desk quietly. His fingers play quietly with the sticky notes resting on the desk as he rips one off and scribbles something before sticking it onto Jeno's computer. 

Taemin turns to the younger before speaking up softly, "I'll be heading out now. I wanted to see Jeno but it seems that he's gone."

"He will be assisting Minju today on set." 

"Ah, what a shame. I wanted to grab some lunch with him." 

Taemin places an unknown smile that couldn't determine if he was actually feeling upset about the other. Minhyung wonders quietly to himself of what the other's real intentions were of visiting the office. He bows quietly as Taemin leaves the office quietly after putting on his sunglasses, as he then whistles gently across the hallways. 

Minhyung briskly makes his way towards Jeno's desk before staring at the note that Taemin wrote on earlier. He squints his eyes as he does, not because he couldn't read...but because of what the note implied. 

5d.

No date...no anything. Just the time. 

Minhyung's head turns automatically as he widens his eyes at the clock before realizing that it is currently around 11am in the morning. It's not the time that mattered right now. The letter is in English as well, in which Minhyung is very influent in. But what could this indicate- what is this reffering to. 

Minhyung turns his head and grabs his phone from his desk as he takes a picture of the sticky note before placing it onto the original position in which Taemin left it. He decides to send a message to someone in the investigating team that knows well of these little riddles. Just as Jaemin can mention, the hairs on his neck start to rise as he gets an uneasy feeling from this note.