forty - nine

Jeno sniffs to himself as he tries to recollect himself as Minju's eyes start to water without her knowing as her heart breaks slightly and pounds painfully against her chest. She clutches onto her chest as Jeno's automatic response kicks in as he holds her arm in worry. She quickly shoos his arm away as she weakly asks, "Could you call Jungwoo, please?"

Just in time, Jungwoo arrives to the scene as he runs towards Minju and pushes Jeno slightly away. Jeno watches in hurt as Jungwoo calms her down as Minju assures him that she's okay and just that her chest hurt slightly since she didn't take her medicine. Yujin and Wonyoung are not present in the room as they already made their way towards their own rooms as Jungwoo turns his attention to Jeno and sternly says, "I think it's best if you come again a different time."

Jeno stands up quietly and bows at the pair before making his way out of the ward. He takes off his mask as both sweat and tears roll down his thin face. He hasn't eaten properly for a few days again, and he realizes that he should re-energize himself in order to come again. He wipes his tears as he walks out of the hospital despite all the negative looks staring at him.

Meanwhile, Jungwoo is out of the room to get Minju's medicine. She stares out towards the window as the sun shines brightly to warm up the room. She gently stands up to make her way towards over to the window, in hopes to find the man in the teddy bear outfit. Out in the parking lot, she realizes that there is no one in a teddy bear outfit walking across the pavement. She sighs sadly as she really is curious on how he looked like.

She then sees someone carrying a brown, furry costume, making his way over to a car. She blinks in excitement as she stares quietly from afar to make out what the person looked like. She couldn't see the exact details but the glimpse of a mole near his eye is discovered. Before she can stalk him more, he gets into his car which makes it difficult for her to make out his face even more.

She sits against the window as she lays her back against the window so that her backside can be warmed up. She tries to picture of what the male might look like with the small mole near his eye. But she isn't too sure of what the male looks like....she is aware that the male was crying.

Jungwoo re-enters the room as he sees Minju not in her bed. He helps her up and tucks her inside as he warns her for not listening again. Minju rolls her eyes before asking quietly, "What is that man's name?"

"Why are you always curious?"

"Because he never really talks about himself..."

"I don't know much about him...but he told me that his girlfriend is sick in bed. Did you know that?"

Jungwoo knows that Jeno is trying his best not to reveal himself but he feels the hatred rising inside of him as he snaps back in an upset tone, "I don't know. Stop having an interest in him and focus on your treatment."

He realizes that his words and tone are much harsher than he expected, as he immediately apologizes. But Minju already closes her eyes in fear of being yelled at again as she decides to fall asleep instead. Jungwoo sighs angrily under his breath as he makes his way over to a chair and stares out the window to watch the clouds in the sky. He knows that it's too difficult to get her heart back into place as she never really loved Jungwoo even before she lost her memory.

Of course, her heart is more curious about Jeno. It's natural. He tries to cage her with his feelings but he knows it's not getting better by the second. He is well deep in thought to himself as he tries to think of a solution of releasing the truth without making Minju even more confused.

-

Taemin folds his hands with excitement as he looks up to stare at Jeno, who is giving him death glares at the moment. "How is Minju these days? I heard you're not working at the SWAT station anymore. You're working at..."

"A security guard at a mental hospital."

"Ah...is that fun?"

Jeno rolls his eyes annoyingly before replying back angrily, "Why did you want me to come?"

Taemin laughs in order to infuriate the other more as he responds back, "I just wanted to see your face that's all."

"Stop fucking around."

Jeno stands up in order to leave but Taemin stops him as he announces, "I'm going to die soon. They found a tumor in my head."

Jeno has his back turned towards Taemin as his cousin continues to ramble on, "They say that I have already entered stage four...and that this is brain cancer. I guess it's a punishment."

"You left me alone...in a home where no one was alive. You left me alone and escaped elsewhere when I vowed to kill you when you ever came near me again."

"It wasn't my fault that my parents hated yours." Taemin sneers with tears running down his eyes helplessly as they are thrown back into the time when the incident happened.

Jeno turns around to smash his knuckles against the glass which makes Taemin laugh out loudly in response as the angered expression of his younger cousin excites him. "I never regretted what I did.....you were useless. You didn't know how to live the world and I helped you by leaving you. You were so sick and disgusting you know that?"

"It's all your fault. You made me like this!"

"The bomb? Yes. I wanted to avenge my parents. You were meant to die. Your parents managed to live and I was to end all your family members."

"Sadly, you're going to die instead. I'm living and you're going to rot here before you rot in hell."

Jeno spits out as he wipes his bloodied knuckles against his jacket as he storms out of the visitor's room. He can hear Taemin's cursed words screaming as he gets dragged away from the cell as well before he continues to make his way down towards the parking lot. He soon gets a call from the hospital to get back into his shift as he drowns himself in music as he drives out of the prison parking lot.