final

A few days before

Minju wandered around her room as she started to remember something that felt too real to be true. Someone's name. The teddy bear stopped showing up which made Wonyoung and Yujin super upset as Jungwoo had to lie a few times about why Jeno couldn't make it. One night, Minju wanted to put Jungwoo to the test as she blurted out the name that was lingering in her mind, "Jeno." 

Jungwoo stopped whatever he was doing as he was folding the laundry and stared quietly up at Minju. She crossed her arm and angrily asked with impatience, "Who is Jeno?! Why does he keep showing up in my dreams!? Is there something I don't know about my past that you won't tell me?!" 

Jungwoo placed the unfolded clothes down on the chair as he made his way over to her as she stared at him cluelessly for answers. Jungwoo took a deep breath before replying back slowly, "He was your boyfriend."

"But you-"

"I know. The doctor didn't want you to be confused with people in your memories so she made sure that I was designated as your boyfriend for the time being while you recover." 

"You were planning to not tell me all along?" 

"I was...but Jeno was always with you. I was never in your sights as a boyfriend." 

Minju scoffed in response as she couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was starting to get even more upset but Jungwoo replied back with assurance, "I know what the doctor said sounds intimidating. But that was the only option I had. If I brought in your boyfriend from the start, then you would have gotten your panic attacks right away because you were filled with negative images. Remember when you first woke up from your coma?" 

Minju remembered that she woke up to saying an unknown name, Jeno, and she was truly traumatized. She never wanted to see whoever that person was, and Jungwoo intervened to make sure there was no one named Jeno that was around. She remembered a slight bit of Jungwoo which made it so easy for her to trust him. 

Minju stared at her hands as her tears started to form as she asked quietly, "Where is he now? Does he know I'm here?" 

"He came by every day to see you." 

"When? You never......" 

The puzzle pieces formed together perfectly as the person that Jungwoo was referring to was the male in the teddy bear outfit. Minju couldn't believe her ears as she was now understanding who the person was and that he was never dangerous to her. That night, she had many dreams and nightmares about Jeno but it all made sense. She then made Jungwoo take her to where Jeno was at to properly see him. 

He was working diligently in a mental hospital office as she slowly remembered how he looked like. She wanted to surprise him by visiting him without Jungwoo's help but the nurses guided her to the rooftop where he would be checking the place out to see if there were any patients there. She was definitely shocked to see Jeno trying to climb over the end, and she had to intervene despite the rain falling down mercilessly. 

Jeno takes Minju back to where he resides after getting permission to leave his shift early. He is afraid of Minju catching a cold and he quickly arrives to the apartment. He hands her some spare clothes that he had as she warms herself by drying her hair. It is too late to eat something but the two share a pot of ramen before cuddling together on the sofa as Jeno turns on a random movie. 

Minju's body is between Jeno's legs as she is resting her back against Jeno's chest as the male holds her hand tightly without letting go. He traces the spot of where the bullet was shot as Minju assures him that it doesn't really hurt anymore. He kisses the back of her head gently as he rests his nose against her neck, leaving gentle kisses along the sides. 

He then places his attention on the movie playing as he speaks up with a chuckle, "Did you know the first time we met is at the roof of a hospital?" 

All the memories are not clear to Minju since she is still recovering them but Jeno remembers it all. She smiles softly as she turns her to head to face the latter. "Really? What happened?" 

"You thought I was going to kill myself and saved me." 

"Just like today?" 

"Um, a little different. Although I did have plans to fall off, I wasn't actually trying to kill myself back then...today....it's just the medications." 

Minju rolls her eyes as she replies back with a tease, "So clumsy." 

"How did you know that was me?" 

"Because I came by the office a few times to see you...I got my memories back when Jungwoo told me everything and everything made sense to when you told me about your girlfriend. I didn't know that you missed her that much." 

Jeno shakes his head and replies back with a teasing tone, "When did I say that?" 

"I'm going back to Jungwoo if you do that again." 

"Okay okay, feisty." 

He holds her close within his arms so that she wouldn't escape as she threatens to leave his grasp. She smiles to stare down at their hands as she asks carefully, "Is it true that you got your feelings back?" 

"Yeah...and it's all thanks to you... Back in the emergency room, I really wished that I couldn't feel any emotions because that was the worst day of my life." 

"I've heard about Minhyung.... I'm so sorry." 

"It's not your fault. Nor mine. He did his job and he was wanting to protect us. It took me a year to finally realize that." 

"So you're not going to work at the station anymore?" 

Jeno shakes his head as he rubs his thumb against Minju's knuckles as the silence kicks in again along with the movie playing in the background. Minju turns her body so that she is facing Jeno as she gently kisses his lips and smiles sadly. "I really missed you." 

His hands hold her waist gently as they both stare at each other lovingly due to the light that the movie is giving off as all the lights are turned off in the apartment. The rain continues to fall harder, and the lightning strikes against the window but nothing can stop them from being together. 

After a few moments of their alleged staring contest, Jeno speaks first as he could feel his own tears falling down his eyes, "Thank you for saving me that day.. We had bad chemistry from the start but look where we are now." 

Minju giggles softly as she rests her arms against his chest, staring intently into his eyes as the movie and rain is now long forgotten. The warmness of their bodies keeps them both warm and wide awake despite it being past 2am. 

"I really wanted to say this too... but I couldn't... I love you so much, Kim Minju." 

"I love you so much Lee Jeno...thank you for not giving up on me." 

-

Thank you for loving Bad Chemistry. It was a long story.. I didn't expect it to go for 51 chapters. Please check my newer uploads. I think this is one of the best stories I've written so far. I've been busy with schoolwork and my new part time job, but I want to thank everyone who has supported this story that really pushed me on. Without your support, I wouldn't have finished this. I was planning to go like 35 chapters, but I needed to a little more drama. 

I also lost track of how Jeno and Taemin became enemies, but I felt like if I had to explain it, it would have been hell. Let's just say that it was bad family blood. 

This is the finished product. Please like and also comment! See you in the next books!