four

A few months passed and Jeno was able to train again. The doctor argued that he should be in the hospital longer, but Jeno felt that he is able to work fully at least at the station. He has become much quieter within the year and few months. Minhyung has his distance from the other due to the fact that he continues to blame himself. Jisung and Donghyuck keep their distance as well, due to the fact that they also blame themselves for being ignorant about leaving the captain alone when they were tricked.

But Jeno doesn't say anything. He doesn't say anything about whose fault with it. He doesn't blame anyone or anything. He doesn't speak and doesn't do anything, and continues to train like a madman. It is suggested against him, but no one stops him. They can't. They know he's confused with how he feels; he can't feel anything anymore.

Jeno arrives home finally towards his dorm, and he thanks Jaemin quietly for dropping him off. Jaemin stops him before he does, and hands him his medicine. Jeno takes it and walks inside, before locking the door immediately.

The darkness wallows in him, as he makes his way to the kitchen. He leaves the medicine there before laying down on the couch. The vivid memories of the bomb exploding in front of him is still haunting when he closes his eyes. He hugs his cushion tightly in order to block out any memories currently. He grabs the remote to turn on the television, and the drama seems to be playing.

He stares at the screen before seeing a familiar face roam around on the scene. He blinks a few times, then recalling back a memory involving her. He murmurs quietly, "Kim....Min..Ju."

...

"You want me to freaking learn how to martial arts for that movie?! You know I get anxiety whenever there's a loud noise nearby!"

Minju screams at her manager, who doesn't know how to react to her anger. Her manager tries to calm her down, "I know it's not easy but this is the only main actress role that you can receive at the moment. We can't do anything about it right now. If you cancel this, we don't know when another offer might drop in."

Minju throws the script aside and looks out at the window and screams, "You know I can't. You know I can't do this!"

"Yah Kim Minju! Stop it."

Minju turns around to see Jungwoo standing at the doorway of the office. He takes off his sunglasses before tucking them away in his pocket. She rolls her eyes in annoyance before turning away to face the window. "I'm not in the mood to talk to you."

Jungwoo arrives to her anyways and sits down on the chair. He looks over at the script, before announcing without her approval, "Tell the director that she will do it, even if she keeps saying no."

Minju turns her head to face him in annoyance as she screams, "YAH HAN JUNGWOO!"

"I'm older than you Kim Minju. Keep your manners at work."

The manager bows his head before rushing out of the office in a hurry to make sure to notify the director. She glares angrily at Jungwoo, who is not even paying attention to her as he reads the script. She is tempted to break his expensive glasses before Jungwoo speaks up first, "You're so annoying. Don't you realize what this movie might do to help you? Can't you do what is suggested for you for the first time? You are lucky to even gain this chance after rejecting all those roles and making Xiyeon eat them up. Well, guess what, now she is much more abundant with roles and switched spots with you, and you can't get the roles that you can get."

Minju doesn't reply to what she said; she stares outside with a word as Jungwoo throws the script at her back. She stands up in anger as she got hit, but Jungwoo places his sunglasses on. He fixes his hair and smirks as he leaves, "Now this top model needs to take his leave. Just do the work, and find your stable ground once again."

Jungwoo leaves immediately to not hear Minju screaming and cussing at him. Minju walks towards the script, crumbling the pieces of the script paper that's remaining. She calls her manager as she yells, "I'll never. EVER. do this project!"

...

Bang.

"Perfect score!"

There were multiple claps happening, as Jeno places his practice gun down on the table. The head of the police department looks over and whispers to the other policemen before nodding in acknowledgment. He takes off his sound-proof headphones before facing Jaemin, who approaches him with a smile.

"Everyone seems pretty impressed that you made a great comeback by shooting all perfect shots."

Jeno looks up at him as he takes off his protective glasses onto the table. He just nods without saying anything, before walking past him to walk out the door. Jaemin sighs as he does and Jisung approaches him from another booth. "Still not a response?"

"Nope."

Jeno arrives at his desk, before looking around to try to find his other team members. None of them around as he must have scared him away with his quietness. Jeno opens his computer with a bunch of emails asking for how he is, and the situation of the culprit who got away with the bombs. He still is having a hard time trying to remember the day of the incident. He notices how no one really pinpoints on who might be the suspect with no suspect list. He sighs heavily without another word, before seeing a text from Minhyung.

"Hey, want to grab some lunch?"

Minhyung quietly stares at Jeno, who is just eating his food without saying anything. Donghyuck is sitting across them and clears his throat as he says with an excited tone, "So! The rumors spread that you have the perfect aim ever since your return. That's our captain."

Jeno glances at Donghyuck for a second before replying back quietly, "Thanks. You and Jisung need to also make your return."

Minhyung smiles afterward as he makes a signal at Donghyuck for doing a good job. Soon after, Renjun arrives at the cafeteria as he sits down next to Donghyuck with a tray full of food. Jeno looks up to say hello but starts to eat his food quietly again. Renjun whispers to Donghyuck, "No luck?"

"Somewhat."

"Thanks for the meal hyung. I'm gonna go and do some work."

"Look Jeno, you don't have to immediately start doing the work. I've been researching-"

"Minhyung hyung. You don't need to take part in doing my research if you feel bad. This is my job and my issue for not protecting the team. Don't blame yourself."

Jeno replies coldly as he stands up and takes his empty tray to the trash can, before leaving the cafeteria. Renjun looks over at the older, who just stares at his food. Donghyuck sighs and speaks up, "I think it's best that we let him do what he wants...He can't go out into the field...Don't feel too bad for him guys. Jisung and I are really getting better, and Minhyung hyung..don't feel bad, please. If we all go through this together, I'm sure we can find a solution."

"Wow, Lee Donghyuck. You can speak Korean properly this time."

"Oh shut up Renjun."