forty - five

Jaemin keeps an eye on John for the next two days as Minhyung makes sure that Minju and Jeno are always protected with extra backup. It's the last day of Minju's shooting as her character is to die as the climax of the movie. Jaemin arrives at the office the earliest as Minhyung follows Jeno to the set as he is curious about how the scene will be. Donghyuck arrives to the office soon after Jaemin with a morning greeting of passing out coffee. Jaemin glances over at Donghyuck who approaches his desk as he rolls his eyes and answers the looming question in Jaemin's head, "Yes. 6 extra shots of espresso with no sugar and extra ice. With a dash of honey."

"Baby, you know what I like."

Donghyuck winks at him as they both laugh at their humor as Jaemin sips his coffee and sighs with content. Jisung and Chenle both arrive together as they both seemed to have eaten breakfast together. Renjun and John are still missing from the room as Donghyuck checks his phone, "Renjun says he's running late due to car problems."

"What about Minsoo?"

Jaemin asks worriedly as he fears that something bad is going to take place as Chenle shrugs his shoulder. He knows that Chenle and John are the closest but if John didn't tell Chenle where he is going to be beforehand...

Jaemin shoots up and almost drops his coffee before he places the cup down and dashes out of the room. Jisung and the others stare at him with a confused expression as Donghyuck shrugs to himself and continues to play his game once again.

"What? Are you sure Jaemin?"

"Positive. He didn't tell Chenle anything. I have a bad feeling, guys."

Minhyung hangs up the speakerphone as Jeno and Minju are in the car with them. They all arrive on the set together as the manager offered to do so. Minju looks at Jeno with worry closing as Jeno assures them both, "It's fine. We have extra security, and the set is well-aware that there should be no funny business happening around here."

Minhyung nods quietly as he replies with a straight face, "I'll keep an eye out with the other guards on the outside of the set. Jeno will be working in the inside, and we report to each other if there is any suspicious activity. And Minju-shi, if anyone approaches you, don't hesitate to press this."

Minhyung hands her a small remote control that seems to fit right into her pocket with anyone noticing. He continues to explain to her as the manager warns them that they need to finish talking, "Press this, and our watches will notify us that you are in danger. Most likely, Jeno will be able to reach you the fastest, but it will also notify me for backup."

Jeno's hand makes its way to hold Minju's as he tries to smile as Minju calmly nods and replies confidently, "Nothing will happen.. trust me. I'm not afraid."

"If your panic attack comes again, press that. It's better than you going through that alone."

Minju nods and forces a bright smile which Jeno knows too well that it's fake. Minhyung leaves the car first to watch over the area as Jeno and Minju are given some privacy. He holds her hand quietly as Minju assures him, "I got it. Don't worry. Jungwoo is going to come too. Don't fight with him....please."

Jeno nods continuously as he leans in to kiss her lips gently as he rests his forehead against hers as they part. He says with a loving tone, "You'll do great. We can go on another date finally after this."

"I know you've been waiting for a long time. We can go right when the scene finishes."

"Good luck."

-

Xiyeon arrives to the dressing room as she knocks on the door quietly. Minju turns her head and allows one of the stylist to open the door as Xiyeon waves at her with a grin, "Hi. I heard it's the final scene and I just wanted to stop by."

Minju rolls her eyes as Xiyeon starts to hand out little goodie bags as Minju asks without hesitation, "Why the hell are you here?"

"Omo, we're friends. Why shouldn't I come? I heard from Jungwoo that he will be here too...well I heard from our CEO... So I wanted to pay a little visit as well."

Minju crosses her arms as she turns her attention towards the goodie bag that is forced into her hands. The white bag is filled with sweets and an orange juice. Xiyeon places a hand against Minju's arm which makes her feel super uncomfortable as Xiyeon speaks up again, "It's good if you keep hydrated and I know that drinking orange juice helps. We should grab some dinner when you finish. I'll let Jungwoo know as well."

Minju moves her arm away from Xiyeon's grasp as Xiyeon waves her hand again before leaving the dressing room. She has to remind herself every time that Xiyeon isn't a mental hospital patient just yet so she opens the bag to take out a piece of candy before munching on it. She does know that chocolate helps her calm down so she also takes a sip of her juice before placing the bag down onto the table and makes her way towards the actual set.

-

"ACTION!"

Everyone watches quietly as Minju runs across the pavement before turning around to hit the stuntmen. Everything is going well until Minju's vision starts to turn hazy. She tries to blink the blurriness away as she turns around to stop the director but he doesn't see her. The stuntmen didn't realize that she can't see well before Minju gets hit on the shoulder and pushed onto the ground.

One of the stuntmen runs over to her and tries to help her up, but her eyes are getting too heavy for her to focus. She falls onto the ground again as the director yells cut before the stylists make their way over to help her. Jeno watches in shock as he runs to make his way over to her. Minju's stomach turns and starts to hurt as she realizes that the orange juice seems to have been the problem.

Jeno carries her out of the set area as he makes his way over to the dressing room to help her rest. She looks up at Jeno with tears rolling down her eyes as her vision gets dark as she passes out from the sleeping pills drugged inside her drink.