twenty - seven

a few hours before

"Are you saying.." 

"Yes, you will be able to feel things that you did not after your accident." 

Jeno can't believe his own ears as he's been waiting for this moment ever since he was released from the hospital. He was told that he would never be able to have the notion of feelings: pain, love, and grief. He stared quietly at the doctor before asking carefully, "How did this happen?" 

"Your medicine seemed to stopped working...because your body has gotten used to it. Even if you changed to another medication, the painkillers and antidotes would have actually worsened your ability to feel things. It's a small change; you still can't feel things as easily as before but you can now feel some sort of feeling that isn't as strong as the senses from before. We will keep trying to help you with a new medication that is not anything of a painkiller." 

Jeno stared at his hands quietly as the doctor spoke since he really does not know how he was able to get the small shock of senses back. The doctor then added quickly, "Have you met someone recently?" 

"What do you-" 

"It's something that I don't believe in...but psychology has its wonders at time. If you have met someone that helped you react in a way that is similar to a lifestyle that you had before your big accident, I sense that your body is trying to get its senses back so that you can feel the emotions for someone that you desire for." 

Jeno knew exactly what the doctor was saying. His mind was only clouded for her right now as they spoke. And he knew that he couldn't feel anything for her...but maybe she could bring it back.

"Is it a feeling of love?"

"As cringy as it sounds....I believe it is." 

Minju holds onto the other's shoulder as she closes her eyes slowly when Jeno continues to kiss her softly on the lips. She feels like she's dreaming and nothing ever so close can wake her up from this dream. The other soon pulls away slowly as they both breathe softly through the gap that is created. Jeno clears his throat quietly as he slowly removes his hands from Minju's waist and hand before apologizing mindlessly, "Sorry.. I..." 

"It's okay..I.."

No words can be spoken since the action is already displaying how they felt. Minju looks away in embarrassment as Jeno as well tries to find attention on a boring light that is across from them. Minju asks quietly as she does not look at the other, "How are you feeling? I heard from manager oppa about you passing out in the car."

Jeno unknowingly plays with his own thumbs as he replies quietly, "I'm okay...Thanks." 

Minju then remembers about the girl that was in the room earlier as she turns her head slowly to face the male, "Who was that?" 

"My ex.." 

Jeno answers too quickly as he continues to not look at Minju as he didn't want to mention about Yeji. Minju nods quietly before the silence seeps in once more as it is way too obvious. There is a knock on the door, and Minju quickly stands as she fixes her outfit before sitting back on the chair near Jeno. The nurse comes inside as she checks on Jeno's vitals as her attention is elsewhere, "Visiting hours are now closed. The guest must either stay over or go home. Please make sure to leave within ten minutes..." 

Walking around, she leaves the room immediately as Minju wonders what to do. She knows she can't leave the other alone but she knows that she needs to go rest for another day in shooting within a few days. Jeno wonders on what to say as well since he doesn't want her to go home alone, but he knows that she needs her full rest. The room fills up with silence once more as Minju soon breaks the silence, "Hey..I'll stay.. I think it's best if someone watches you since I know the officers are busy." 

"No, you should go rest at home." 

"I don't want to be attacked in the middle of the night. My death is all your fault then." 

Jeno rolls his eyes at her comment as Minju smiles at her own joke. Minju opens her bag and takes out her pack of makeup wipes since she carries it around just in case. Carefully wiping off her makeup, she washes her face in the bathroom before making her way back to Jeno. He is sitting up now as Minju arrives, turning on the tv to watch the drama that Xiyeon is starring in. Minju's grunt makes him turn it off right away as she mutters angrily under her breath.

"Sorry...didn't mean to." 

Jeno scratches the back of his head as he hesitates on what to do, but Minju shrugs her shoulders before replying quietly, "Nah, it's okay. I totally made an embarrassment out of her today." 

"May I ask why?" 

Minju sits back down on the chair as she looks over at the other before replying back quietly, "Well.....we used to be friends way back in high school actually. But she kind of turned her back on me, and I managed to escape by debuting early. She then debuts under the same company as me...I guess I'm her senior but she gets so much more benefit as a junior." 

"Well, that seems awful." 

"Yeah..well thanks for rubbing it in." 

They both end up laughing without even knowing as Jeno fixes his hair to look more manageable. Minju stares at him quietly when he does, and he looks at her without saying anything either. The kiss enters into both of their minds, and they both look away from each other in embarrassment once more. 

Minju covers her mouth as she tries to yawn quietly but Jeno already can see her doing so. He adjusts himself a little as he lays back down as she rubs her eyes. She watches without a word as Jeno then pats the small amount of space that is between the edge of the bed and his body. She laughs softly out of absurdity as she widens her eyes to see his serious expression. "I can just ask the nurse to bring an extra bed." 

"Well....if you want to annoy the nurse so bad then go ahead." 

"Wouldn't she be more annoyed to see us on the same bed when she comes in to check her vitals?" 

Jeno's expression continues to get dark as Minju finds the delight in teasing Jeno even more as the other pouts in a way as he continues to sulk to himself. Minju tries to hide her smile as the other tries to re-adjust himself but Minju makes her way onto the available space and lays down close to the other. 

Jeno looks down at the other as she stares up back at him as the silence continues to linger around them. He carefully wraps his arms around her body and delicately does so that no one falls off the bed. Minju manages to bury half of her face against Jeno's shoulder which immediately warms the two up as Jeno pulls her closer to the point where Minju can hear the heartbeat of the other. Although Jeno couldn't feel his own heartbeat running, Minju hears the beats running as fast as hers...both hearts are running because of their growing feelings for the other.