eight

Everyday Minju arrives at the exact same time at the office since their agreement. She always sits in the corner where a small desk and chair is provided for her, and she is forced to read police reports to get used to saying her lines, and Jeno purposely picks the difficult ones so that she would have a hard time understanding. Chenle and Jisung is pretty comfortable around her, and they help her on the side. Renjun and Jaemin don't really mind her, as Donghyuck often times is rude to her like not opening the door for her. Minhyung comes to the office a few times as his office is not in the swat team. Jeno often is outside of the office as he doesn't really pay attention her, only when he tests her on the information that she needs to read.

Minju gets tired of reading the reports, and closing the files for a second as she starts to stand up to stretch. She really needs some fresh air, as Donghyuck often glares at her from time to time to watch her actions. Jisung stays close next to her as they walk around the hallways. They arrive to the training center, as she realizes Jeno is in there. She watches as he is boxing against someone, sweating profusely. Jisung speaks up as they watch, "That's all he does......he is going to faint if he keeps training..."

Minju just watches him quietly as she sees him punching, and dodging. The fight stops supposedly as the person training with him has his hands up to signal a rest. Jisung speaks up next to her, "That's Johnny hyung. He's from America, and close with Minhyung hyung since they're on the same team as well. He's often helping Jeno hyung train."

Minju continues to watch until she gasps to see Jeno stumbling around and then falling backwards. Johnny makes his way to help Jeno up, as his face turns extremely pale. Jisung runs inside with a word, and Minju quickly follows after. Johnny looks up to see the two before saying hurriedly, "Call Taeil hyung, immediately Jisung!"

Jisung nods and runs off to follow his order. Johnny looks over at Minju before adding, "Hi, short for introductions right now. I'm Johnny, mind helping me?"

Minju nods without a word, and she helps Johnny take off Jeno's boxing gear as it was adding extra weight onto his tired body. Johnny then takes the gear, as he says, "Keep watching Jeno, and rub his chest gently. Also, check on his breathing and make sure to report to Taeil when he arrives. I'm going to get some extra help."

Minju nods as the other drops the gear in front of the door as he runs towards the swat office. Minju looks down to see Jeno breathing unevenly, as she carefully places his hand over her chest and gasps to herself as she feels his chest burning. She carefully rubs her palm against the hottest part of his chest; she starts to feel sympathy for the other since he does have a vulnerable side. Jeno carefully opens his eyes, barely keeping them open though as he looks to see someone peering down at him. Her hair is flowing gently against her shoulders, and he murmurs quietly, "Ye.."

He couldn't finish his sentence, as Taeil and Jisung arrive him as Taeil starts to check up on him. Jisung answers Minju's confusion as he replies, "The Doctor."

Taeil checks Jeno's heart beat, and Minju slowly retreats her hand from Jeno's hand. She sees Jeno trying to bring her hand back, but he keeps them hidden afterwards as the rest of the team arrives. She watches quietly as Johnny and an unknown male brings a stretcher as Minhyung and Jaemin stands close by.

"I think he had a small shock, I'm not sure. He is responding to all the checks I'm doing so I think he's okay. Let's take him to the infirmary. Minhyung, inform Doyoung immediately to meet me there."

Jaemin and Johnny rush out of the room with the stretcher along with the unknown male, as Jisung and Minju both stand quietly. Jisung smiles sadly and sighs as he leads Minju out of the room as Taeil rushes after Johnny.

"How often does he faint like that?"

"Whenever he works out heavily....it has happened many times in the past, but it's been awhile. He probably overworked himself."

But the one word that Jeno keeps running around Minju's head.

Ye? What does that even mean?"

After being in a hazy sleep, Jeno carefully opens his eyes to get used to the light in the infirmary. He peers around to see two figures having a conversation across him, and he looks over outside. The puffy clouds circles around the sun, as the day is as gloomy as his mood. It's probably around 6 in the afternoon, as he checks the clock as he looks over at Jaemin, whose making his way over to him.

"Hey, are you feeling? You fainted again. Why did you train so hard?"

"Did she come?"

"Who?"

"I saw her for sure. She was next to me."

"Jeno, did you see her again?"

Minhyung arrives to the bed as well, with Taeil and Doyoung. Doyoung has his arms crossed as Jeno tries to avoid the upset gaze that he is sending the younger. "I thought I told you to not overwork it. You fainted multiple times when you don't eat continuously and keep trying to work out. That was before the accident, and your body condition is even worse now. Don't you listen?"

Taeil stops the other from grilling the captain too much as Taeil intervenes, "Look.. I know how stressful not going out into the field is. That was me before I had to get my knee surgery. But I know that if you are patient and take care of your health, you can get out the in no time."

The words of encouragement did not work for the other, as he doesn't want to hear any of it. "Please leave the room."

He speaks out weakly as Jaemin tries to protest. He sits up suddenly, clutching onto his head and chest at the same time as they both burn intensely at the same time. But before anyone can stop him, he screams with no strength, "GET OUT."

He falls back onto the bed again as he was feeling the stress rising to the top of his head. Doyoung leaves first in annoyance, as the rest of them check on him before leaving quietly as well. They dim the lights so that his eyes wouldn't be strained. Jeno wipes the remaining tears off his eyelids; he tries to calm himself and listens to the clock ticking away. It reminds him of when he was crazily working out....when he was still a newbie.

But back then there was someone who loved him as him. That didn't mind him.

But she left him. And he turns into shambles. He thought he got better. But he never did. It always lingered in the back of his dark mind, crawling and eating him alive whenever he got stressed. Now he's even hallucinating about her.

"I hate you Byun Yeji. You fucking always ruined my life."