thirty

Jeno soon is discharged from the hospital as the rest of the members are busily working on a case as there is a threat towards a kindergarten daycare center. Minju's manager drives Jeno towards the station as Minju grunts with complains, "The doctor told you to not work once you got discharged and the first place we come to is-"

Jeno's serious expression immediately shuts up the latter as he replies with worry, "I just need to check on something."

Minju realizes the sudden shift in his tone as she nods quietly before replying back quickly, "Let me come with you."

Her manager waits in the car as he parks in the station, and the two enter into the station quickly. Jeno tries to find Taeil, but he couldn't see the other anywhere as he is stumbling around the hallways as his legs are starting to get weak. Minju holds onto him with worry and regret rising within her stomach, as she leads him to his office so that he can get some water to drink.

No one is in the office currently, and Jeno makes his way over to his desk as he finds an extra bottle of medication that Taeil had given to him. Minju fills an empty cup with water and passes the cup to Jeno so that he can drink something to stay hydrated. He obeys without any complaints as he stares at the small, white bottle that is within his grasp. Looking towards his computer, he sends a request for Taeil to come to his office so that he can get to the bottom of the whole situation.

Taeil soon enters the office as he also surprised to see Minju wandering around in the office. She excuses herself from the room so that the two can have some privacy. Taeil blinks continuously as the whole situation is not expected of him, but Jeno intervenes him as he asks rapidly, "Why did Taemin hyung call?"

Taeil nervously plays with his coat before sitting down on the resting area. He replies with a sigh, "He kept demanding that he knows more about your medical condition after he saw your article on his way back to Korea. I said that I would not disclose any information but he started getting all lawyer like on me and that...I couldn't handle anymore."

Jeno stares wordlessly at his empty desk as Taeil continues to ramble on, "Yeah, he even came into the station a few hours before you attacked to see the medication and your records."

This snaps Jeno's attention immediately as Jeno stands up so quickly that the screech of his chair pulling back echos loudly throughout the room without a notice. Taeil jumps in his seat slightly when the other does, as Jeno makes his way towards the older as this is all new information to him. "Wait, Taemin hyung came to the office?!"

"Yeah, he and I were discussing your medical condition in my office. But his alibi makes sense as he left right before you got attacked..about an hour or so. And that's when I also left- we actually left together."

Jeno doesn't know what to respond or what to think as this is all pointing to new facts and investigation that needs to be handled. "Donghyuck already investigated him with Minhyung but it was all worthless since Taemin was in a restaurant at the time of your attack."

"How come you didn't tell me this until now?"

"Well, he told me that you were in contact with him. So, I already assumed that he told all of this information to you...but now I see that he didn't."

"The worst mistake ever."