Chapter 1: First Day

"Beep...Beep...Beep"

"Ugh...Is it morning already?" I groan as I try to flip over and turn off my alarm. I look at the clock and it's only 6 am in the morning. I sigh when I remember that this is the first day of school for me. Great, I have already been through the whole process of making friends back in my old place and now I will have to do it all over again with new people. I may as well get started or else I would be late.

I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Chou Tzuyu, I'm originally from Taiwan and I have just moved to Korea because my dad found a new job here. I'm about to enter YJM high school and if you can't tell, I'm not that excited, I'm nervous as hell. I'm worried whether my classmates will like me, are the teachers cool and not - excuse my language - a bit of a bitch or will there be any bullies. Too many things are going through my head at once.

Anyway, I quickly finish my morning routine and come downstairs to have breakfast. My parents have already left for work and Mom has already made me some bacon and eggs. She left a note saying: "We're off to work sweetheart, tell us all about your first day, just be yourself, everything will be alright. Love - Mom and Dad". I sit down at the table and hurriedly eating my breakfast. By the time I finish, I still have 30 minutes until school starts. I went upstairs and change into a white blouse with black jeans, red jacket and white sneakers. I think that's presentable enough.

I got to school 15 minutes early and the place is absolutely packed, students running around finding their homeroom, the headmaster office and all that. People are literally running into each other and I just stand there looking like a deer in front of headlights. Then suddenly someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see a girl waving her hands in front of my face trying to draw my attention. 'She's pretty', I thought. She has these big eyes and a bright smile on her face.

"Hey there, hello?" She said with a loud voice.

"Oh, hi, sorry, I guess I was spacing out" I replied, a bit embarrassed.

"That's OK, what are you looking for, I can help you"

"Umm, I'm looking for the headmaster office, it's where you get the uniform and your schedules, right?"

"Yes, follow me, I'll help you, I have just been there" She happily answered and then starts walking fast making me jog to catch up to her.

"So, are you a senior, you seem to know the place pretty well." I asked.

She chuckled "No, this is my first day too, but I have visited the school beforehand so as not to get caught up in all this madness you're seeing."

"Oh, I haven't got your name, I'm Tzuyu, Chou Tzuyu. I just transfer here from Taiwan." I mentally pay myself on the back, I finally work up the courage to introduce myself to someone.

"Oh, sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Park Jihyo, I hope we can be great friends." The short-haired girl chirped happily. "Here we are, Mr. Park's room, get in there, I'll wait out here."

"Okay." I went in and the headmaster greets me with a bright smile.

"Have a seat, Ms." He hesitated

"Tzuyu, Chou Tzuyu"

"Oh, okay" Mr. Park said as he is searching my details on the computer. "So, you have just moved here, our school take the students' well-being very seriously, so if you have any trouble, if you need any help, feel free to ask me or the other teachers, understood?"

"Yes, sir" I cautiously replied.

"Good, here are your uniforms and this is your schedule, a copy has also been sent to your email. I wish you all the best of luck with your time here."

"Thank you Mr. Park" I said then step out to the hallway, Jihyo is sitting on the row of chairs in front of the office waiting for me.

"You're done? What is your homeroom, let me help you there"

"Umm, let me see, it's room 16"

"SIXTEEN? THAT'S THE SAM.." Her phone suddenly rings, interrupting her borderline yelling. "Uh huh, yes I'll be right there." She answers the phone. "It's my Mom, she's bringing me some stuff, you just go to floor 1 and turn left, it's the very last room. I'll find you at lunch. Bye"

"Bye" I say as she rushes off. After a few minutes I have finally found my homeroom and three girls have arrived already. One of them is leaning on the wall, sleeping, there's a tomboy-ish girl sitting in the back and the last one is a girl with bunny teeth sitting on the front row. I breath slowly and motivate myself.

'Here we go'

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: So that's the first chapter of my very first book, I have a rough idea for this story and just want to get it out there. It's not like anyone is gonna read this, I have 0 followers lol.

Anyway, if you do come across this book, feel free to leave any comments or criticism, I'm doing this mainly to improve my writing, so any criticism is very welcome and appreciated. Excuse my mistakes since English is not my main language

Have a nice day, readers, if there's any lol.