Chapter 18: Friends?

After a couple of hours of driving around the city, Sana and Tzuyu have decided to stop for lunch. They are now sitting in a private booth in Tokyo Deli. "You have to try the food here, it's delicious. I'm Japanese and I approve." Sana excitedly says while taking out her phone. "Come take a selfie with me." Sana waves Tzuyu over to sit with her. The taller sits down and keeps a small distance from Sana, but Sana being Sana, she puts one arm around Tzuyu's shoulders and pulls her closer, making their cheeks slightly press against each other. "Smile." Sana smiles brightly and takes the photo.

Flustered, Tzuyu slowly returns to her seat opposite Sana. "What are you doing with the photo?"

Sana chuckles lightly. "I'm posting it Instagram." Sana hands the her phone to Tzuyu to let her see the post. The photo is absolutely cute, they are leaning their heads on each other, Sana smiling from ear to ear, while Tzuyu gives her signature eye smile. The caption says 'Lunch with @tzuyoda, we helped putting a couple together today 🚑🚨'

Tzuyu chuckles when she sees the comments, it doesn't take long for the girls to guess Mina and Momo are officially dating. "Jisoo and Seungwan figure it out. They're fast." Tzuyu says while handing the phone back to Sana. The waiter comes up to their table and hands them two menus. Sana peers over the food, trying to choose one of them when the waiter suggests. "We currently have a couple set, there will be two main dishes, three side dishes, two desserts and two drinks."

"No, we're no-" Tzuyu is about to protest when Sana interrupts her. "Thanks, we'll have that." Sana winks at Tzuyu and starts giving the detailed orders. "That's a lot of food and it's so cheap. I'm not gonna pass on that offer."

Soon enough, their orders arrive and they start digging in. "Yah, why are you stealing my food?" Tzuyu whines and glares playfully at Sana. The Japanese just shrugs and points at her plate. "You can have some of mine. Sharing is caring, Tzu." Sana casually says and takes a sip from Tzuyu's drink.

"Say, our class is fast. I mean how many couples are there?" Tzuyu tries to come up with something to talk to Sana

"I think I'm the first one in our class to start dating. There's Joohyun and Seulgi, they're official. I've heard that Dahyun and Chaeyoung have been seeing each other recently." Sana lists out.

"I think Jennie and Jisoo are also dating and Mina and Momo today as well. Oh wait, Sooyoung and Yerim outed themselves on Halloween night." Tzuyu adds and they laugh out loud.

"Have you got your eyes on anyone?" Sana asks while smiling teasingly.

Tzuyu gulps hard and turns her attention to the food. "No one, probably I haven't been actively looking." She stares blankly at Sana, managing a small smile.

Sana quickly changes topic. "Where did you get me the ring?"

Tzuyu frowns and answers. "I got it at the fundraiser, I thought I had already told you."

Sana chuckles. "One word only. Mina. She knows everything, Tzu. She told me this wasn't from Halloween. Besides, if you want to give me a gift, I won't refuse or something. You know? You're one of my best friends now."

Tzuyu nods. "Yeah sure. About the ring, I had to ask my Dad to get it for me, it's not expensive, don't worry."

After the meal, they decide to go window-shopping at the mall nearby. While they are walking, Sana suddenly stops and stares into a shop. "What are you looking at Sana?" Sana points at the outfit on the mannequin and looks at Tzuyu, then looks back to the outfit.

"I think that would look good on you, I mean that leather jacket though." Sana smirks and looks at Tzuyu expectantly.

"No." Tzuyu answers blankly.