Chapter 25: It Feels Right

Sunlight floods into the room makes Nayeon wakes up from her slumber. She squints her eyes while furrowing her eyebrows, her room has a curtain, there's no way that much sunlight got in. She slowly sits up from the bed and looks around the unfamiliar room. Suddenly, a terrible headache kicks in making her flop back down on the bed. She tries to recall what happened last night after she and Momo go to the DJ booth. She remembers that separated at one point and she went to the bar, she vaguely remembers someone flirted with her rather rudely and someone comes to save her, then it becomes completely blank. She looks at the bedside table to find her phone and sees a sticky note on top of it.

'Morning, it's Jeongyeon, in case you're wondering, yeah, you're in my bedroom. In case you're wondering about other things, I slept on the couch last night. I got you a toothbrush and a towel in the toilet. Take a shower and meet me at the kitchen for breakfast. I'll explain everything about yesterday.

JY'

Nayeon stands up from the bed and goes to the toilet to see everything neatly prepared for her. She quickly finishes her morning routine and goes to the kitchen. As she is getting nearer, she smells something incredibly delicious, which makes her stomach grumbles. When she's at the kitchen, she is met by Jeongyeon, who has her back facing her with one hand stirring a pot and the other is frying an egg. She takes her seat at the table quietly while looking at Jeongyeon cooking. She absolutely loves the food Jeongyeon makes for her but this is the first time she has ever seen the other girl cooking right in front of her. Jeongyeon makes everything looks so effortless and she always looks like she's having the time of her life when she's cooking. Nayeon thinks she could get used to this view every morning but then she chuckles at herself for the dumb thought. After a few minutes, Jeongyeon finishes the food and turns around to serve the food. She looks up and sees Nayeon at the dining table looking at her dreamily. She approaches the girl and snap her fingers in front of the girl's eyes, snapping Nayeon out of her trance.

"How are you feeling?" Jeongyeon brings the soup and some eggs and bacon over to the table.

"I'm having a little headache but overall fine." Nayeon massages her temple while grimacing.

Jeongyeon puts the food down. "Here, eat this soup. I'll get you some coconut water, it'll help."

"Umm, Jeong? Did I do or say anything embarrassing last night?"

Jeongyeon pauses, contemplating whether she should tell Nayeon about the indirect confession back at the club. "Well, there's one thing. You threw up on my bed and your own clothes."

Nayeon looks at herself, noticing that she is only wearing a plain white T-shirt and black shorts. She unconsciously blushes. "Umm, did you change my clothes?"

"Well, yeah. I can't let you sleep like that, but I didn't peak or anything." Jeongyeon holds her hands up, quickly becomes defensive.

"Aside from that, is there anything else?"

"No, nothing important. You just say a bunch of gibberish that doesn't make any sense." Jeongyeon chuckles, hope to divert Nayeon's attention away from the problem. "Come on, eat up then you can go back to sleep."

Nayeon eats her soup as slow as possible, despite her head feels like it's being torn apart, she wants to spend most of her time alone with Jeongyeon. She turns on her phone to check if she has any missed calls or texts and she finds a text from Rosie.

'Text me when you're up, okay? I hope you don't embarrass yourself in front of Jeong, she's your crush after all.'

Nayeon scrolls down a little more and sees some pictures and a video Rosie sent her. It's some pictures of her annoying the hell out of the DJ, Momo grinding on her while both of them looked like they're having the time of their life and the video is her calling herself MC Rail. After seeing those photos, her memories come flooding back. Especially the part at the bar, when a 'stranger' rescues her from that creepy guy. She vaguely remembers that person's scent and their jacket. Then it all dawns on her, she saw the exact same jacket when she was walking to the kitchen and the scent is incredibly familiar, well, because it's on the bed she slept on last night. She confessed to Jeongyeon without knowing it. She spares an anxious glance at the girl opposite her and Jeongyeon is still devouring her food, yes, devouring. Jeongyeon probably missed Nayeon's realization moment early on.