Chapter 2: Impressions

Well, that was a lie. "Here we go" I mumble silently, annoyed with myself. I'm still standing outside the classroom, waiting for something that I'm not even sure, I'm just too anxious to go in. While I'm creeping outside, a few other girls have arrived, some of them just walk pass me, the others give me a strange look then just left me be. 'Might as well just wait for teacher.' I tell myself and keep waiting outside.

I look into the classroom once in a while, it's a pretty small room, there's only 9 desks in total, each desk is for 2 people, so I guess my class is going to have 18. By the time I look in, there's only 4 seats left, class is about to start any minute now. Just a little more and there will be a teacher to save me from my misery.

And then after what feels like hours, a girl run to where I'm standing and hold on the railing of the hallway. She's breathing heavily, seems like she's been running all the way here. "Am I late?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No, the teacher haven't come, but it's almost time though" I answered, hoping to calm her down a bit.

"Oh, great, I thought I'm late on my first day" She said, relieved, then she turns to me. "Why are you still out here, the others are inside already?"

"Well, I'm a bit anxious to go in, I don't know anyone, I'm trying to wait for our teacher."

She chuckled "Come on, there's nothing to be scared, I only know one person in this whole school anyway and I don't even know if she's in the same class as I. But look at me, keep your head up, breath and just be yourself, people don't bite. And look on the bright side, you have a new friend, me! I'm Kim Jisoo, what's your name?" She holds out her hand.

"I'm Chou Tzuyu, I moved here from Taiwan, nice to meet you!" I excitedly shake her hand.

"Come, go in with me" She hooks her arm with mine and lead me in the classroom. Some girls glance up and look at us for a second then turn back to their stuff. Then someone stands up from the middle desk and runs to hug Jisoo.

"CHU!" That girl envelops Jisoo in a huge bear hug "We're in the same class!"

Jisoo immediately hugs back and exclaim "Seul, that's great, we can mess with the teachers for 3 whole years together." They laughed out loud. Seul notices me and holds out her hand "Hello, I'm Kang Seulgi, I see you have already made friends with Jisoo here"

"Chou Tzuyu, nice to meet you too."

"Tzuyu here is too scared to come in the classroom so I have to take her, what a big baby!" Jisoo teases me and makes little baby noises while trying to pinch my cheeks. "Seul, I think I'm gonna sit with Tzuyu here, I don't want to leave her alone, maybe we can switch seats later."

"Yeah, that's okay"

"No, you guys can sit with each other, I don't want to separate you."

"Are you sure you're okay by yourself?" Jisoo asks, concerned.

"Yeah, I think I'm okay"

"If you're sure" Jisoo and Seulgi then take their seats in the middle desk of the second row.

I look around, trying to find myself a decent place to sit, then I decide to sit on the front row, next to the door so I can look out the window and also watch when the teachers are coming. When I sit down, the girl next to me immediately turns around and flashes me a huge smile, showing her bunny teeth. "Hi there, new deskmate, finally someone chooses to sit with me. What's your name?"

"Chou Tzuyu, nice to meet you, err, deskmate, and you are?"

"Im Nayeon, but you can call me the prettiest girl of the school."

"Excuse that narcissistic bunny, she does that a lot." The sleeping girl behind me finally wakes up "Hirai Momo, nice to meet you Tzuyu"

"YAH!" Nayeon pouts and scoffs at Momo, meanwhile Momo just shrugs and turns to me and makes small talk. I learn that she absolutely loves 2 things in this whole world: dancing and jokbal.

Then, our talks are interrupted by the door opening, a man, who I assume is our homeroom teacher, walks in to the class with Jihyo in tow. 'Wait, Jihyo?!' She notices me and gives me a small wave.

"Hi class, I am your homeroom teacher for this school year, my name is Kwon Ji Yong, you can call me Mr. Kwon." We look at him curiously, he has quite a unique (and expensive, may I add) sense of fashion, he is wearing a floral shirt with an also floral jacket with white jeans, sandals and a beanie, all made from Gucci. He continues "And also, Park Jihyo here will be your monitor, the school assign the monitor for each class based on your achievements and experiences, I hope you don't mind. And, any questions?"

A girl raises her hand "Hi Mr. Kwon, I'm Myoui Mina, I have 2 questions, 3 actually, first one is are we studying any thing today, I don't have any books here with me just yet and secondly, is that Gucci sir and where did you buy that jacket, I've been looking everywhere for it." The class snickers.

Mr. Kwon chuckled "First question, no, today is only for you to get to know each other and also sign up to your favorite clubs and activities, secondly, New York. Any more questions?" Everyone is silent.

"Great, let's get started, shall we."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry if this chapter has too many repetitive lines, I want to introduce all of the characters first, then we'll get into the main parts so bear with me.

Comment and vote if you come across this story, also tell me if you like it and whether I should continue writing

Have a nice day!