Chapter 4: Lunch and Tension

OK, great, Mr. Kwon's question just confirmed my suspicion. Apparently all of us are gay, some are pretty obvious to be honest, but all of us? My high school years have just gone from good to amazing. Being surrounded by people who are fun, quirky and capable of understanding my feelings. I have a feeling I'm going to meet the best people in my life here. Class has just ended and now I'm walking to the cafeteria with Nayeon. Momo and Rosé have already gone there to grab our seats.

"So, what club will you consider joining Tzuyu?" Nayeon asks.

"I don't know yet, I'm gonna make the most of today, I'm getting to know everyone and visiting the stalls of the clubs."

"Great, but I'm starving, come on let's go"

When we arrive at the cafeteria, the place is already packed and we see Rosé waving at us from the table at the back. Momo is busy stuffing her face while Rosé greets us.

"How nice of you two, you order the food for us already." Nayeon said, while reaching for a steam mandu with her chopsticks.

Momo quickly hit Nayeon's hand making her drop the mandu "What do you mean, these are ours, go order your own." Nayeon and I glare at her then Rosé smacks Momo's head. "Don't be a brat Momo, these are for all of us, take a seat girls, I'm starving."

Rosé suddenly speaks up while we're eating "I heard there are a lot of things we can do, there's a dance club, photography, culinary, all that good stuff, they will be handing out admission forms at the fair later on. That will be our best chance to join"

"Mind if I join you?" Jihyo asks, carrying her food on a tray.

"Yeah sure" I scoot over to make some room for Jihyo. "I just finish helping Mr. Kwon with some stuff, I only manage to get a few things to eat, they're out of food for the day."

"We'll share with you, we ordered a lot." Rosé smiles at Jihyo, pushing some of the plates over to her. "We still haven't made up our mind on which club to join, how about you Jihyo?"

"Well, I asked Mr. Kwon about that surprise he mentioned earlier. He said that it would be our class' main concern this year. I want to see what it is before deciding on joining a club."

While the conversation is going, Momo doesn't pay much attention, instead she is looking at the table a few steps away from us. "What are you looking at Momo?" Nayeon notices this and follows Momo's gaze. The Japanese quickly averts her gaze, turns back to her food and flashes us a quick smile. "Nothing, what's up?". "You were looking at Mina again, weren't you?" Rosé smirks and wiggles her eyebrows at Momo. She raises her hands "Guilty as charged, but can you blame me?"

I look at Mina's table and she is sitting with Chaeyoung, Joy, Yeri and Sana. It seems that they are getting along well. "See, Tzuyu agrees, right Tzu?"

"Huh?" They caught me staring again. "Beautiful, right?" Momo continues to tease me. "You know she wasn't looking at Mina right, Mo?" Rosé asks. "I know, Sana's pretty cute herself, made in Japan, am I right?" I narrow my eyes at Momo "Did you just compliment yourself?"

"Well, confidence is important. Hey Tzu, I was thinking, later when we go to the fair, wanna join me? I plan to ask Mina and Sana to join us." I doubt her, Sana seems pretty quiet while Mina is also quiet, if not more than Sana and we barely talk to them, except for Momo's flirt attempt earlier in the game. But screw that, it never hurts to try.

At that moment, Jisoo, Seulgi, Irene and Jennie walks by our table and asks us if we want to visit the fair with them. Momo and I stay behind while the others join them. We eat for a few more minutes before walking over to Mina's table.

"Hi Myoui, have you finished eating?"

Mina slowly arranges her spoon and chopsticks and wipes her mouth before answering Momo. "I just finish, can I help you, Hirai?"

Sana and I exchange confused glances, she looks at me with brows furrowed and mouth slightly hanging open like asking me why are these two talking so formal like they're in a business meeting and when she is met my equally confused expression, she smiles a bit and points to seat opposite her, telling me to sit down because the two dorks here will probably take their time doing whatever it is they are doing. Sana fishes out her phone and starts scrolling, then she turns to me "You love dogs, right, wanna watch some videos of my dog to kill some time, these two here will take a few minutes. Mina has been very interested in Momo since the game."

I nod and she moves to sit next to me and plays a video of her shiba inu. "People always say I look like a shiba inu, that's why on my birthday last year, my parents got me this little boy."

We watch a few more videos and talk about little things here and there. She seems like a very friendly and bubbly person, sometimes she can get a little clingy, I don't know how but her arm has found its way in my hoodie pocket and it has been there quite some time now and her other arm is now resting on my thigh and we are sitting pretty close to each other, but hey, I won't complain.

Third person's POV

Mina and Momo has stopped their conversation since half an hour ago and they're now looking at their two friends laughing at dog videos.

They thought that no one was looking at them, but in reality, they're too deep in their own world to notice.

From afar, Nayeon, Jihyo and Rosé are also watching. They haven't left to the fair because Nayeon has to use the restroom and when she finished, she was met by the same scene that Momo and Mina are looking at.

Something is blooming in front of their eyes. They're not sure what it is. But it is something special.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It's been a while since I last update. I'm sorry because there's been a few things going on that makes me too busy. The story will change to third person because it's easier for me to tell multiple storylines that way.

I hope you enjoy reading this story. Have a nice day, readers.