Chapter 8: Out Of Nowhere

Tzuyu and Jihyo are walking to their homeroom after lunch when Jihyo suddenly stops and looks at something near the principal's office. "What is it Jihyo?" Tzuyu follows Jihyo's gaze but she doesn't see anything odd.

"Nothing, it's just I saw someone over there." Jihyo raises one of her eyebrows then looks away shaking her head.

"Someone beautiful enough to catch your eyes?" Tzuyu smirks nudges Jihyo's shoulder.

"Maybe, didn't see her face that clear, she looks kinda out of place." Tzuyu nods and holds the door open for Jihyo when they reach their classroom.

"Thanks Tzuyu, what a gentleman." Jihyo winks at Tzuyu and goes to her seat.

Nayeon, Momo and Rosie, who have witnessed the whole thing happens in front of them, immediately attack Tzuyu with questions.

"What was that?", "How come you guys are flirting already?", "What about Sana?"

Tzuyu holds up her hands to calm her three nosy friends down. "Whoa guys, calm down, one at a time. First up, we're not a thing, okay? Nayeon, chill. Secondly, it's friendly flirting and I always hold doors for people. And finally, what about Sana?"

"Come on, don't you have a little crush on Sana?" Momo raises her eyebrows at Tzuyu as if saying 'don't you dare lie to us'.

"Okay, I do, but it's just a tiny little crush, nothing much. Besides we haven't even talked much, we're not the closest of friends." Tzuyu replies simply. She's not lying, but if she tells her friends everything she's thinking of right now, they would go wild. She was holding back, she doesn't want her feelings for Sana to grow. Because when those feelings grow to a certain degree, she will have the urge to confess to Sana and as things stand, her chance to success is pretty much none. So right now her plan is to simply be Sana's friend and come what may. When the time is right, she will confess and if she fails then so be it.

"Stand up." Jihyo calls, signalling that classes are about to start. Mr. Kwon comes in with a laptop and a ton of paperwork in his arms.

"Hello girls, you may sit." Mr. Kwon takes his seat at the teacher's desk. "Before we start, there is one other thing you girls need to know. Our class will have one new member. I'll let her introduce herself to you."

The girls instantly look at each other, some furrow their brows, some have their mouths hanging open. At this point, they don't even know if they signed up for a high school or a reality show. What's up with all the surprises and announcements? If Mr. Kwon pointed to the corners of the room and showed them the hidden cameras, they wouldn't even be surprised anymore. Anyway, the new girl slowly makes her way to the center of the classroom.

"Hello, my name is Son Seungwan, my English name is Wendy. I was born in Korea, but I just moved back here from Canada. I hope we can be great friends." Seungwan introduces herself then bows deeply.

"Thanks Seungwan. There's only one empty seat left, why don't you sit there. Your deskmate is Jihyo, our monitor." Mr. Kwon gestures Seungwan to her seat.

"Hi deskmate, nice to meet you." Seungwan happily turns to Jihyo and holds out her hand.

"Hi there." Jihyo simply says and spares only a side glance at Seungwan before turning back to her notebook.

Seungwan pouts then shakes her head lightly and turns to the board, then she turns back and mutters to Jihyo. "I'm sorry if I made you mad or uncomfortable, I'll ask Mr. Kwon to change my seat if you want."

Jihyo shakes her head. "No need to go through such trouble, I'm just a bit tired today, I'm sorry for acting up." Wendy just simply smiles and nods.