Chapter 17: All According To Plan

Mina is now sitting in her car in front of Sana's house, waiting to pick the squirrel up for their hangout with Momo and Tzuyu at the escape game. She is playing PUBG while jamming to some music on her car's radio when someone knocks on the car door. She turns around and sees Sana smiles brightly and waves at her excitedly. She quickly unlocks the car door for Sana to hop on.

"You seem extra bubbly today." Mina comments while plugging out her earphones.

"Oh, I don't know. I just have a really good feeling about today." Sana turns to Mina and smiles mischievously. Momo has texted her and Tzuyu that she will confess to Mina today, she has already written a confession letter and all that.

"What's with the weird look?" Mina furrows her eyebrows but shrugs off the feeling anyways and starts driving to the place.

"Hey, Mina. When did you leave the fundraiser? I remembered leaving pretty late and you still hadn't left." Sana asks while stealing Mina's coffee at the cup holder.

"Yah, that's my drink. Anyways, Momo and I were some of the last people to leave the place. I think we tried every single games we can." Mina chuckles when she remembers how much fun she had with Momo and also how the raccoon insisted that she brought home all the rewards they got.

Sana quickly pulls out her phone and texts Tzuyu, she wants the Taiwanese to update Momo about how likely she will succeed today.

Mina glances over, trying to look at the text but Sana quickly turns off the screen and stuffs it back in her pocket. "You're really suspicious today, Satang." Sana just simply shrugs, trying to compose herself, that was a close call. "I've never seen that. Is that a new ring? It's beautiful."

Sana smiles again and holds her hand out to Mina, proudly showing off the ring. "It's beautiful, isn't it? Tzuyu gave it to me."

Mina smiles fondly. "Where did she get it? Did she tell you? I thought it was Mark but he wouldn't have good taste."

Sana pouts and looks at Mina seriously. "You still don't like Mark?"

"No, it's not that. He's just not my kind of people. He's a bit irresponsible and loud, but hey, he treats you fine and you like being with him. That's good enough for me." Mina explains clearly, she doesn't want to upset her best friend.

"Thanks Mina. And Tzuyu told me she won this from a game at the fundraiser."

Mina frowns, clearly confused. "I'm 100 percent sure that Momo and I raided all the game stalls and none of them gave a ring as a reward. You know, the school budget and all that. Maybe she just wants to give you a gift and she doesn't want it to be awkward."

Sana puts a finger on her chin. "Maybe, we grow a lot closer during our time at Mr. Kwon's math tutor class. We talk about almost everything, you know. We also take turns to bring snacks for both of us." Sana chuckles, she doesn't realize that she really enjoys those little things.

Mina smiles and keeps driving, internally excited for the day ahead.

Meanwhile, Momo and Tzuyu are already waiting at the escape game place. Momo has been pacing around restlessly for the last 15 minutes and Tzuyu is getting really tired. "Momo, why don't you take a seat, you're making me dizzy."

Momo holds her hands on her head. "I can't Tzuyu. What if she rejects me? Is the letter good enough? Should I write more? Maybe it's too cheesy, give me the letter." Tzuyu quickly stands up from the bench and holds the letter above her head, knowing Momo won't be able to reach it.

"I've read this five times already and even I'm a bit moved by it. The letter is fine, you don't have to do anything else. Besides, I can tell she likes you too, just be yourself, don't panic." Tzuyu calmly says while hugging Momo.