Chapter 31: Am I Enough?

"What are you saying, Choo?" Sana glances up at Tzuyu with an expecting smile.

"I like you, maybe even more than simply like." Tzuyu looks away from Sana's eyes, hands still holding the bag with her gift inside.

Sana hooks her arm around Tzuyu's neck and stands on her toes. "I think...I think I like you too." Sana leans in and pulls Tzuyu's close. Tzuyu closes her eyes and wraps her arms around Sana's waist, expecting the kiss she's been dreaming about.

That's the point, she's been dreaming about it.

The alarm rings at the worst time possible, interrupting Tzuyu's sweet dream, the girl groans and picks up the clock on her bedside table to throw it across her room. She lies face down on her pillow and mutters to herself. "Stop dreaming, idiot."

Her mom knocks lightly on the door. "Are you alright, sweetheart? I heard a thud at the door."

"Sorry Mom, I'm fine." Tzuyu sits up from her bed and turns on her phone to check the time. It's still early, no one has probably arrived at school yet.

She unlocks her phone and checks everything, from the class group chat to her order for the picture frame, which has been completed. The class will have one last meeting today to ensure everything going in the right direction before the concert night a week from now.

After a short drive, with a detour to the souvenir shop the other day to get the frame, Tzuyu arrives at school to find a completely empty classroom. She slowly takes out the photo frame and cherishes it like it's the most important thing in the world. She takes out her favorite picture of her and Sana, which they took during their window shopping spree the day Mina and Momo ditched them. Tzuyu smiles at the memories that day and puts the framed photo in a box that she decorated herself.

"Ahh, young love." Tzuyu looks up immediately and sees Joohyun leaning against the door frame.

"AAAHHH! How long have you been there?"

"Long enough, you know I always come to school very early, right?" Joohyun shrugs. "You might want to tuck that box under the table, the others are coming." The girls step into the class chatting loudly and Jihyo walks to the front.

"Have you guys seen the stage? I say we did a great job down there." Jihyo starts, referring to the school yard. "Today is going to be a short one, we're just going to recap everything to be sure. Sana, Tzuyu? You guys are all done with the souvenirs right?"

"Yeah, badges and wristbands are enough, hopefully. We left the boxes at the teacher's desk."

"So, the stage, food, gifts, photobooth, sound and lighting, okay. Finally, the performances. Dahyun?"

"There will be 12 acts in total. We chose 7 from the auditions and 5 from our class. Momo and Mina, Seulgi and Joohyun, Jisoo with Chaeyoung as DJ, Jeongyeon and Jihyo and Seungwan secret act to close the show. The whole show will be quite long, about 3 hours."

"That's about it, actually. Does anyone have anything to add? If not then we can go home. See you guys in a week and hope our hard work will pay off that day."

Momo taps Tzuyu's shoulder. "Are you gonna do it, it's your last chance before the concert." Tzuyu slowly pulls the box out from under the table when Mina and Sana approaches them.

"I'll take you home but my car ran out of gas. Wait for me in the yard okay?" Mina walks away and winks at Tzuyu. Momo stands up to follow Seulgi to dance practice after patting Tzuyu's shoulder lightly.

Tzuyu takes a deep breath and follows Sana to the yard with the gift hidden behind her back. She is approaching Sana slowly, her heart is beating at a thousand beats per minute and she is probably sweating a lot. Her phone suddenly vibrates with a text making her flinch a little. 'What are you doing, you look like a creep.' She looks around and sees Momo hiding behind a column pointing hastily towards Sana while mouthing 'Do it'. Tzuyu breaths in and out a few times and straightens her back. She taps Sana's shoulder lightly.