Chapter 32: Clarity

This is it, all the hard work from the past couple of months comes down to this night. Everyone is now in the school yard to recheck everything.

"Move out of the way. I swear if I dropped a macaroon on my suit I'm gonna kill someone." Jeongyeon calls out as she's carrying the dessert trays with Jennie and Jisoo follow behind with their trays of milk tea.

"That's okay, Chu. You go recite the script with Nayeon, you're the MC."

"Okay, sure. I'm gonna help you with the tea, I don't want you to ruin your dress."

"Okay, lights on." Jihyo puts on her microphone. Tzuyu flicks the switches and the stage lights up beautifully along with the light strings hanged around the school yard.

Inside the waiting room, Mina is looking at herself in the mirror. She and Momo have changed into their performing costumes and they are now only waiting for Rosie to get them on stage.

"Half an hour guys, the guests will arrive any minute now." Rosie updates them on the time and turns back to check on the other performers.

Mina exhales shakily and Momo notices that immediately. "Mitang, are you nervous?" Momo hugs her girlfriend from behind.

"It's just I've never performed in front of a lot people or people for that matter."

"It's alright, I've seen you during practice, you are flawless and people are going to love you like I do." Momo plants a little kiss on Mina's cheek making her favorite gummy smile appears. "That's why I like to see.

Outside, Tzuyu is testing the speakers with a few songs when Chaeyoung walks to the sound and lighting area and takes a seat next to Tzuyu. "Hi, why are you here though? Shouldn't you be outside with Lisa at the photobooth?"

"I figured you and Sana would be awkward after the other day so we switch. She's out there with Lisa, I'm gonna help you here."

Tzuyu sighs and turns back to the panel. "I just wish it wouldn't turn out like this."

"When Momo said she can't find you that day, everyone was scared. Only thing I can tell you is to relax, I know you can't right now but you have done everything you could. Besides, enjoy tonight."

At the photobooth area, Sana is arranging the props while Lisa is fixing her camera. Some early guests have already arrived and are now taking pictures. Lisa looks around and sees her friend Bambam walking towards her with his group.

"Hi Bam, come take a picture here, get your group." Lisa says as she hugs her childhood friend. She then sees someone lingers in the back of the group and that person is none other than Mark. Sana is busy handing out the props for the other guys so she hasn't noticed Mark, Lisa sees him walking closer to Sana so she steps in his way and holds his shoulder. "What are you going to do?"

Bambam quickly steps between the two and calms Lisa down. Mark glances at Sana and looks at Lisa. "I just wanted to talk to her, I promise I won't do anything bad." Bambam nods and Lisa lets go of Mark's shoulder but not without a stern warning.

"If I saw her crying, you'd better watch it."

Sana widens her eyes when she sees her ex-boyfriend walking towards her. "Can we talk Sana? Just a minute." Sana nods and stands away from the photobooth.

"Talk."

"I'm sorry Sana. There's no excuse to why I did that. I was a jerk to you and I'm really really sorry that I hurt you. I've been thinking a lot and I just wasn't ready for a relationship, I'm not mature enough to see that you care for me. And I'm an asshole by being too possessive. I'm not saying this to win you back or anything, I lost that chance. I hope you will forgive me and we can be friends. I understand if you don't want to."