Chapter 12: Connect The Dots

After a short drive, Jisoo and Jennie arrive at the movie theater. "There's only 15 minutes left, I'll go get our tickets, you can get anything you want at food and drinks over there." Jisoo says at hands Jennie her wallet.

"I can pay you know." Jennie yells after Jisoo. Then Jennie heads towards the counter to get some drinks and popcorn. While she is waiting for her stuff, Jennie sees someone familiar heading to the restroom.

"What are you looking at?" Jisoo returns with two tickets in her hand.

"Nothing, I just think I saw someone familiar." Jennie gives Jisoo her wallet back. "I wanna pay for this. I don't want you to treat me all this because you know my family problems."

"It wasn't because of that. My mom taught me to treat a girl when you're on a date with her." Jisoo quickly grabs the food and walks to the theater.

"What?" Jennie blushes hard then takes the two drinks and follows Jisoo.

"I gotta warn you for real, I heard this movie is super scary, we can watch another movie if you want." Jisoo says seriously, looking over to Jennie.

"I'm fine, I just want to see how scary it is. It's Halloween anyway, why not try?" Jennie smiles at Jisoo while trying to toss a popcorn into her mouth.

"Is it over yet?" Jennie is now peeking through her hands. She just saw a little girl got her head smashed in by a lamp post and that's too much for her. (A/N: I'm sorry for narrating this scene, I turned the movie off at this very scene when I watched it)

Jisoo looks at Jennie and chuckles lightly. "We're barely 30 minutes into the movie Jennie, are you okay, we can leave."

"No, no, you watch it, I can just do something on my phone." Jennie takes out her phone only to find out that the battery's dead. "Sh-, my phone's dead." Jennie starts looking around the room, there's another couple but they are sitting two rows in front of them, other than that, the theater is basically empty and that's not helping Jennie at all. Another jumpscare comes on the screen makes Jennie yells and clutches the nearest thing to her, Jisoo's arm.

Jisoo lifts the armrest in between them and puts her arm around Jennie's shoulder. She pats the frightened girl slowly, hoping to calm her down. "Shhh, I got you, calm down, I'm here." Jennie's free hand finds its way around Jisoo's waist and holds on to the other girl for dear life. Jisoo smiles internally, this wasn't her plan, believe it or not. She's a cheeky person when it comes to flirting but she just wants to enjoy a movie with a friend tonight, nothing more. But now, with Jennie hugging her like this, it feels right.

The movie ended 5 minutes ago and Jennie is still holding on to Jisoo. "Hey there, it ended." Jisoo coos softly, nudging Jennie. Jennie snaps awake, looking around and see the janitors cleaning the room. She realizes that she has accidentally fallen asleep on Jisoo's shoulder and the other girl has let her do that for more than an hour. She blushes for the nth time tonight and smacks Jisoo's arm lightly. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Yah, I let you sleep on it, why did you hit my arm? Besides you look like a kitten sleeping, I can't wake you up to get you jumpscared again." Jisoo rubs her arm and smiles warmly at Jennie. "Come on, I'll drive you home. Tomorrow night is the fundraiser, do you have a costume?"

"Yes, of course. But you have to wait to find out." Jennie winks and slips her hand into Jisoo's. The two are walking to Jisoo's car hand-in-hand when they bump into a bear, Seulgi. "I thought you are busy tonight, what are you doing here Seul?" Jisoo asks.

Seulgi pauses, trying to come up with a logical answer, because Jisoo is very observant. "Uhh, I'm done with my work."

Jisoo narrows her eyes. "Really?"