Epilogue 2: The End And The Beginning

"Okay, I'm ready." Jisoo stares at Jennie intently.

"Well, you know that my Dad sent me to New Zealand to study." Jennie gulps, trying to find a way to tell her side of the story.

"Tell me something I don't know." Jisoo says angrily.

"I'm getting to it." Jennie sighs. "During my time in college, he gave me a job at his company" She puts the word 'give' in air quotes. "I can't turn that down anyway."

"You can, you know. I wouldn't mind." Jisoo shrugs.

"I would. Look, if I turned that down, I wouldn't have been able to finish studying. I would be a broke girl in New Zealand with no degree to get myself a job. I can't crawl back to you, I can't do that. I don't want to be a burden, I can't be too dependent on you. I really want to be with you and I also want to have a life together. That's the keyword. I want to build a decent life with you so I needed to finish my study, that's how it works."

"Okay, that explains why you have to stay. Why didn't you keep in touch with me?"

"You might have figured out that I changed every single social media accounts and my number. I didn't want my Dad to know that I still wanted to go back."

"So how can you be here now?"

"I made a deal with him, if I were able to land ten big contracts in my first five years, I would just leave the company. I nearly didn't make it." Jennie chuckles lightly. "The last contract is with a Japanese company, part of the Myoui corp."

"We should seriously thank Mina." Jisoo turns to Jennie. "She's the founder of Stardom Entertainment. But no one knows that, except for a few people." Jisoo suddenly frowns. "Now that I think of it, I don't see any difference, you still don't have a job and broke, no offence."

"But I have a degree." Jennie laughs. "Still, I don't have a place to stay." Jennie glances at the huge suitcase next to her.

"You can stay at my house."

"Do you have a spare room?" Jennie perks up.

Jisoo smirks. "No, I don't."

"So, does this mean?" Jennie hesitantly asks.

"No, it's not. I forgive you but I want us to start over as friends first."

Jennie stands up and hugs Jisoo tightly from behind, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I can't imagine how you must have felt when I just disappeared. I'll make it up to you, I promise." Jennie sees a bracelet on Jisoo's wrist with the letters 'JJ4EVA' on it. "You still have these?"

Jisoo smiles, running her thumb on the bracelet. "Yeah, why not? But I guess you don't have it anymore."

"I don't. But I have this." Jennie takes off her suit jacket to reveal a tattoo on her shoulder of the same letters.

"Oh, okay. You two just made up and you're already undressing each other. Get changed, the others are waiting." Mina walks out of the hallway after sending a wink towards the couple.

"You are right." Tzuyu says while sipping her drink while Chaeyoung is sitting on the chair next to her. "The black one is the best."

Chaeyoung bites her lip as she watches Dahyun and Sana in the water. "Have I ever been wrong?"

"Eww, gross. Can you two stop eye fucking your girlfriends? You're giving me goosebumps here." Jeongyeon says while cooking.

"Pfft, just because Nayeon can't go in the water. If she's in her bikini right now, you wouldn't be this calm." Lisa appears out of nowhere, grabbing a chocolate strawberry in the process.