Chapter 6: Orientation Fair Pt.2

Chaeyoung is walking through the stalls of the fair looking for a certain club. She is clutching her notepad filled with many sketches of things she saw during her first day at the new school. From the colorful scenery of the fair, to the unique sense of fashion of Mr. Kwon. Above all that, she is now looking at the most beautiful thing she drew today, a picture of a certain girl. Jennie, who has been silently eating her cup of milk ice cream, is seriously concerned with Chaeyoung. "You know you haven't taken your eyes off that picture since the moment you drew that, right Chaeng?"

"Aish, I know, Jen, I lost her at lunchtime, haven't seen her since, I gotta find another chance. Right now I'm looking for the art club, have you seen it?"

"I think it's at the far end, let's keep going, I think I see Jisoo and Seulgi over there."

Chaeyoung reluctantly puts the notepad in her backpack and follows Jennie to the gaming club stall, where Jisoo has just finished signing up. Jisoo turns around and sees Jennie and Chaeyoung approaching. "Hi Mandu, what are you guys up to?" Jennie furrows her brows at the nickname. "I am not a dumpling Jisoo and Chaeyoung is looking for the art club."

"Art club? We just walk by it, I think Irene, Dahyun, Joy and Yeri are there. Come, let's go, we'll take you"

Seulgi takes Chaeyoung's arm and drag her along while Jisoo walks beside Jennie. Jennie looks over to the other girl and opens her mouth, signalling that she wants some of the chicken skewers that Jisoo's eating. "You're lucky you're cute." Jisoo rolls her eyes but gives Jennie one skewer anyways. Jennie shakes her head and keeps her mouth open, Jisoo raises an eyebrow. "You're a grown up, eat it yourself." Then again, Jisoo seems to can't handle Jennie's aegyo and feeds her the chicken anyways. Jennie gives Jisoo a big smile and intertwines their hands, pulling the other with her. "Come on, let's catch up with the others."

"Who did you say are with Irene again?" Chaeyoung asks Seulgi. "Dahyun, Yeri and Joy, what is it?" Chaeyoung panics a little but she manages to calm herself and clears her throat. "Nothing, what would there be anything?" Seulgi raises her eyebrows and smiles at Chaeyoung. "You know my seat is right behind you right?" Chaeyoung widens her eyes and stares at Seulgi. "What do you know?"

"I know that you have a sketch of someone and you can't stop looking at it. Come on Chaeng, you can go talk to her, she seems very fun."

"I know, I just missed her when we got out of class for lunch."

"Are you telling me that you missed the only person in this school who has grey hair?" Seulgi reasons with Chaeyoung, she obviously wants Chaeng to woman up and talk to Dahyun. "It doesn't matter anyways, we are seeing her in a few minutes, and by then you should talk to her. I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen?"

Chaeyoung nods, Seulgi is right, come up and talk to your classmate, what's stopping her? She feels a little tense so she pulls out her notepad and starts looking around to see if there's anything catches her eye for a sketch. Drawing has always been an effective relief method for her. But there's something she doesn't know, Seulgi is a queen of famous last words. Just as she starts drawing, two figures suddenly bump into her hard, making her drop the notepad, it seems like they were running or something.

"KIDS! STOP PLAYING! Come and apologize." Seulgi is helping Chaeyoung up when she hears a shout. "Hi Joohyun, who are you calling kids?" Seulgi curiously asks.

"The duo over there, Yeri and Joy, I adopted them just now. They are a handful." Seulgi chuckles at how Irene talks like a tired mother of two kids. "Do you need my help? I think they need another parent."

Irene blushes madly and looks at pretty much everywhere but Seulgi. "I'll think about that offer Ms. Kang but I prefer dating before jumping right into marriage."

"So is that a yes?" Seulgi excitedly says, looking at Irene with her brightest smile possible.

"Whoa there Seulgi, we know each other for less than a day, give it some time." Irene winks at Seulgi and walks towards Yeri and Joy.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung is frantically searching for her notepad, which flew somewhere when the duo bumped into her. "No need to find, it's here." The universe has a funny way of playing games on her. When Chaeyoung stands up, she is met by none other than Dahyun and she's looking at the notepad at the only page Chaeyoung doesn't want her to. "Uhh, hey Dahyun."

"Hey to you too, Chaeyoung, when did you draw this?" Dahyun keeps a stoic expression, her eyes stare deeply into Chaeyoung's and her hands clutching the notepad tightly.

"I'm really sorry Dahyun, I should have asked your permission first, I'll tear it right here in front of you, just please don't hate me, please." Chaeyoung is now seriously panicked, she curses at herself for taking the notepad out and letting Dahyun sees it.

While Chaeyoung is rambling and apologizing, Dahyun takes time looking at the sketch she's holding. Every stroke of the pencil is confident and the final product is breathtaking if Dahyun is being honest. In fact, she's not mad at all, she's surprised, no one has ever drawn her, like ever, not to mention this good. Dahyun reaches out and cups Chaeyoung's face to stop the other girl's rambling. "I'm not mad, Chaeyoung, this is beautiful. Well sure, you can tell me beforehand if you wanted to draw me but nonetheless, I'm flattered. Thanks."

"Uhh, y-you, do you want to keep it?" Chaeyoung offers.

"Nah, it's your work, you keep it, but I'll take a picture of this though." Dahyun fishes out her phone and snaps a photo. She quickly posts it on her Instagram, Chaeyoung tries to look at the caption but Dahyun quickly uses her hand to cover the phone. "You'll know what I wrote when you find out what my Instagram account is, okay?"

Irene comes back with Seulgi, Yeri and Joy in tow. "Let's go you two, Jihyo just texts me that there will be special announcements at the stage."

Sixteen girls meet each other at the stage area, waiting for the announcement from Principal Park. After a few minutes, Mr. Park comes on stage in a white tuxedo with Mr. Kwon next to him.

"Hello students, I hope you had a lot of fun in the fair." All the students collectively cheer. "Good, because aside from studying, this is what our school is all about. I hope that you all have found clubs that you love and apply to them. Now for the important part, all of you maybe wondering how many events there will be and the answer is there are three big events in total. Mr. Kwon, why don't you do the honors?"

"Thank you, Mr. Park. The first event will be the traditional Halloween charity fundraiser. As stated in the name, this event will take place in Halloween, you will have the chance to dress up and join the Halloween spirit. All purchases made during the fundraiser will be donated to charity, from tickets to food and souvenirs. The second is the sports championship, each class will have the chance to compete in many sports from football, basketball to archery, track and field, even gymnastics. And finally, the biggest event is the annual music gala at the end of the year. I can't be prouder to announce that this year's gala will be hosted by my homeroom, homeroom 16."

"Oh my God, no no no!" Jihyo and Irene facepalm themselves in the most extreme way possible.

"What's wrong?" Sana and Tzuyu turn to them, still don't know why they reacted like that.

"This is a concert, like a big one, there are props and sound and lighting." Jihyo blurts out.

"Not to mention, there must be a panel to choose the acts that will actually get to perform." Irene continues.

"And we also have to find sponsors, figure out a theme, make food and drinks for the participants and the audience." Jihyo grimaces. "And have I mentioned there are only 17 of us. You guys will have to enlist the help of every single people you know in this school and we have to start planning as soon as possible if we want to make that a memorable and worthwhile night for the whole school." When they both finish explaining, Irene and Jihyo look at the others with determination in the eyes. Surrounding them, all the other classes applaud excitingly. It's going to be a wild year for them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I see my story is slowly gathering readers. I'm really happy that people actually read this story and come back for it. Let me know what you think of the story so far.

Have a nice day, everyone.