Chapter 30: The Final Steps

Something's off, something is definitely off. Mina is having a debate with herself as she is waiting for whoever is going to discuss sponsorship with her, Momo and Seungwan in this place, she thinks it's a vocal and dance academy. "How long are they going to take, I'm hungry?" Momo whines and leans her head on Mina's shoulder.

Mina pats her girlfriend's head lightly and chuckles. "We just ate lunch like 15 minutes ago, Momoring. Just wait a little bit, okay?" Mina resumes her worried state earlier when she glances at Seungwan. For some reasons unknown to Mina, Seungwan has been spacing out for the last couple of weeks, her mind seems to be wondering elsewhere rather than where she currently is. Right now, Seungwan is staring blankly outside the window with her mouth still drinking from an empty cup that ran out since they stepped in the place.

"Hey, Wan? Are you alright?" Mina places a gentle hand on Seungwan's shoulder.

"Huh? Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Seungwan smiles and throws her cup in the trash can. She sighs for God knows how many times today and continues gazing into nothing. Mina shakes her head and starts thinking again. The last two weeks have been hectic, not just because of the work but also because of her friends. It's just strange how within two weeks, everyone's morale went from energetic to completely opposite. Sana is devastated after Mark broke up with her but Mina is somewhat relieved that her friend has Tzuyu with her. Sana seems to be recovering pretty well, she regains her bubbly energy the past few days and distracts herself by doing a lot of work, which is not that healthy but that has been Sana's way to cope with stress since forever. Seungwan isn't that lucky, Mina reckons that her problem concerns Jihyo in some ways, they seem to avoid each other, at least only Seungwan. A staff walks towards them, interrupting Mina's thoughts.

"We're ready for you."

Mina bows to the staff and leads Momo and Seungwan to the meeting room while reciting the negotiation ideas in her head. Inside the room, there are already people waiting for them, a middle-aged man who seems to be the owner of the place and a boy around their age. The man holds out his hand, which Mina politely shakes.

"Welcome to Konnect." The man starts. "I heard that you wanted to talk about sponsoring for your school's concert so I hope you won't mind that my son Daniel joins us, he's also a student at YJM, second year."

"Not at all, we appreciate the help." Mina shakes hands with Daniel while everyone takes their seats.

"Before we get into the details, we need to know the preparation process for your concert first."

Mina glances at Seungwan, signalling the girl to start. "Ticket selling is going great, we have sold almost 90% of the tickets. We have got the majority of the stage props, all ready to be assembled within next week. The auditions is already ongoing and we have received a lot of admission forms. Everything is going as planned and we should be done in next week, leaving one full week to spare shall any emergencies happen."

Momo continues. "We are looking for sound and lighting props which we hope that you can help us with. In exchange, we will release a playlist of every single performances that night and upload it social media and we will use your studios for the whole recording process."

"And to prove that this is beneficial for you, here is a recording of one of our's performances that night." Mina plays a recording of Jeongyeon practicing 'Heart Attack' on her phone.

Daniel and his father seem to be convinced with the girls' ideas. Daniel starts to discuss with Momo about the number of audiences, the stage layout and everything in between while Mina talks to Daniel's dad about the details of the sponsorship. Seungwan is keeping an eye on everything going on at school when something catches her eyes. Daniel's phone lights up with a text and Seungwan doesn't have to look twice to realize what's on his phone, more specifically, his wallpaper. She doesn't have to look twice to be sure what it is, because that's a picture of Jihyo.