Chapter 13: Spooky Or Lovely

Halloween night has arrived and that means YJM high students are about to immerse themselves in the spooky spirit of the holiday. The school staff have successfully outdone themselves every single year with the designs. The school hall is now decorated with small bats stickers and fake spider webs made from thread. Jack O'Lanterns are scattered all over the school. The main school yard is where the fun mainly is. The big stage is painted orange and black with many decorations. Game and stalls are set up surrounding the yard, including a haunted house. If the students thought the school went all out at the orientation fair, they haven't seen anything yet.

Jihyo is now standing at the front gate holding a stack of tickets for her class, she decides to dress up as Princess Mononoke for the night because that's one of her favorite characters ever. She is growing impatient because she has been waiting for too long and the costume isn't the most comfortable thing to wear. She fishes out her phone and texts on the class group chat.

Thomas: Where are you gays? What's taking you so long?

PeachForJokbal: Don't call us that. And give me 10 minutes, this costume takes too much time, I'm driving.

ChikinChu: I'm nearby, forgot my glasses, I need to turn back for it.

Tzuyoda: Two minutes, it's hard to walk in this dress.

Jihyo sighs and puts her phone back then she suddenly feels someone taps her on the back. "BOO!" She turns back to be met by Annabelle and Chucky. Jihyo jumps and screams because, no offense, the two girls standing in front of her are absolutely terrifying.

"We got her! Oh my God, you should have seen your face Jihyo." Annabelle and Chucky laugh out loud and high fives. "Wait, don't say you didn't recognize us." Chucky raises her eyebrows. "It's Joy and Yeri. We really outdid ourselves, huh Yerim?"

"You two Satans, here are your tickets. You wanna wait here with me or go inside?" Jihyo hands the tickets to the duo.

"We'll wait here, I want to see how the others did." Yeri has just finished when a pink Lamborghini zooms in the parking lot and stepping out of the car is none other than Hirai Momo.

"Looking good ladies, not as good as me, of course." Momo smirks while petting the dog she's holding.

"What's with your car?" Joy asks, walking closer to admire the Lamborghini.

"Cruella de Vil has to have a sick car, right? I had it painted just two days ago for this costume." Momo grimaces while thinking about what her parents would say about this.

"You're not going to use that cute dog's fur for clothes, are you?" Jihyo asks, holding out her hand to the dog.

"Oh hell no, Mina would kill me. This is her dog, Ray." Momo passes Ray to Jihyo who is making puppy eyes for the dog. "At first, I only want to use her dog as an excuse to come over and take her to the fundraiser but she just gives me Ray and tells me to go ahead. I guess she doesn't want me to see her costume beforehand."

Tzuyu walks through the door and waves at her friends. Yeri looks at Tzuyu, who is wearing a long black elegant dress but she's also wearing sunglasses. "That's a weird style. What's your costume?" Yeri walks around and looks at Tzuyu's dress.

Tzuyu removes her glasses to show her red eyes and smiles as wide as she can to reveal her fangs. "Oooh, vampire Tzuyu, that's kinda sexy." Tzuyu looks up and sees Sana approaching. The Japanese is dressing up as the Red queen.

"Good evening, my queen." Tzuyu dips and bows curtly. Sana holds out her hand and raises her eyebrow. Tzuyu seems to get the hint, takes Sana's hand and kisses it softly. The two hold each other's gaze for a long moment before a voice pops up beside them.