Chapter 20: Treat You Better

The atmosphere is strangely colder tonight even though summer is coming closer and closer. Despite putting a thick coat and a scarf, Sana still shudders at the wind around her, probably it's because of the uneasy feeling in her stomach. She is now walking to Mr. Kwon's Math class even though right now she just want to plop down on her sweet comfy bed and sleep the night away. She is walking as slow as possible, trying to make the walk from the cafe to the classroom as long as she physically can. If it was in one of those movies, people would think she looks like a zombie or one of the soulless corpses. As a door of the classroom draws closer, she sighs heavily and gives herself a mental pat on the back. "Two and a half more hours, then you can fuck it all and go home." Sana peeks through the door and a little bit of warmth find its way back to her body. Tzuyu is already there with the usual snacks and earphones plug in while she is doing her homework. Sana is glad she has the Taiwanese to accompany her during these classes, especially when Mina would never need any help in this subject. If Mina ever set foot in one of these extra classes, pigs would start climbing on trees. She chuckles lightly to herself and steps into the class, taking her seat beside Tzuyu.

"Hey." Tzuyu mutters quietly, still doesn't move her gaze from the Chemistry notebook. "Just let me finish this little thing here."

Sana manages a small nod, closes her eyes and leans her head on the wall behind her back. And just like that, all the thoughts come flooding back into her head, no matter how hard Sana tried to push them all away. She angrily bites the inside of one of her cheeks, trying to keep her tears at bay and she somewhat succeeds, the only thing slips out is a small sniff. She thanks her luck that Tzuyu decides to wear her earphones today, she doesn't want Tzuyu to know about this problem. While keeping her eyes close, she slips her hand inside her backpack to find some tissues. She quickly wipes her eyes and throws the tissue away just in time Mr. Kwon got to class.

"Hi class, where were we last time?" Mr. Kwon takes out his laptop and a few papers. "Tzuyu?" Tzuyu quickly removes her earphones. "Yes, Mr. Kwon?"

"These are for you and Sana, answer key for the stuff the other day and new ones." Tzuyu stands up to grab the papers. Sana glances over to Tzuyu's backpack and found her favorite shrimp crackers tucked inside. She shrugs to herself, takes the bag and starts munching.

"I see you have found my surprise for you today." Tzuyu comes back with a big smile on her face. "Something tells me you would love to eat that today. Guess I'm not wrong, Squirrel." Tzuyu reaches over and pokes Sana on the cheek, which is now puffed out because of the significant amount of crackers in her mouth. "Slow down a bit, I still got another pack in here."

Sana swallows the crackers and turns to Tzuyu. "Thanks Choo Choo."

Tzuyu smiles brightly. "For you, anything." Hearing that is the last line for Sana, she has been holding her emotions inside for too long and all of them just burst out. Tears start rolling down from her eyes which become puffy like an hour ago. She quickly turns away from Tzuyu but that's not fast enough for the tall girl. Tzuyu hastily holds Sana's shoulders and turns the Japanese around, eyes full of worry and panic. "Is it something I say, I'm really sorry! Please don't cry, oh no." Tzuyu lets go of Sana to take out a bunch of tissues from her backpack and start wiping Sana's tears. "Calm down, please. I'm sorry."

Sana can't manage to form words so she only shakes her head and reaches out to hold Tzuyu's wrist. She whispers hoarsely. "Just hold me." Tzuyu wastes no time and wraps Sana tightly in her arms, she doesn't care if they're in class, Sana needs her hug and that is what she is going to give. Sana is still sobbing on Tzuyu's shoulder while Tzuyu is rubbing small circles on Sana's back and whispering little things to reassure the crying girl. When she feels the sobbing subsides a little, Tzuyu slowly lets go and looks into Sana's eyes, trying to find some answers for herself.

"Let's just finish these papers then we can leave early." Tzuyu immediately understands what the other means. She stands up and walks to Mr. Kwon's desk. She comes back a few moments later and pack her bags. "Come, let's go, I'll take you home." She holds out her hand to Sana.

"Make a left right there." Sana points at the road.

"Eh? That's not your way home." Tzuyu curiously asks but makes the turn anyway.

"I'm not going home now. Wait here." Sana makes Tzuyu stop the car and walks into the convenience store. She steps out a few minutes later with two beer bottles in the bag. "We'll go to my corner to hide from the world."

After about twenty minutes, they arrive at a cliff overlooking the city. The view is absolutely breathtaking, lights from the buildings mixed with that from the vehicles driving back and forth on the streets. Sana pops open the bottles and hands Tzuyu one then they sit on the hood of Tzuyu's car. Sana is the one who starts. "I think you deserve to know what happened earlier."

Tzuyu doesn't say anything and keeps staring into her bottle then she mutters. "Take your time, I just wanna be here if you need."

"I love him, I think so. I don't know if I can use that word yet." Sana sighs heavily.

"Mark?"

Sana nods slowly. "I care about him a lot, I just sometimes want to know where he is because I miss him and I want a hug or something like that. I never want him to feel like he's being monitored by me or anything. I mean he's the same to me and I feel great about it, I feel like he cares for me. Sure, sometimes he's too much but I get his intentions."

"What happened today?"

"He says he can't take me to Mr. Kwon's class today, which is absolutely fine. I asked him whether he had any plans. He asked me why do I care and told me to fuck off. So I fuck off." Sana cries again and she angrily wipes her tears away. The two sit in silence after that, feeling the bitter taste of beer on the tip of their tongue and the cold breeze of the night. "Should I continue, Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu sighs. "I don't know and furthermore you should be the one to make that decision. But you gotta ask yourself is it worth it? If it doesn't, then stop. If it does, then try to make it right."

Sana scoots closer to Tzuyu and leans on the other girl's shoulder. "Thank you Tzuyu. Thanks for hearing me out."

"Like I said, anything." Tzuyu looks over to the girl on her shoulder and smile. There's no point lying to herself anymore, she loves Sana, maybe a little too much. There's a feeling rose in her gut when Sana cried earlier, she doesn't care what she has to do, she just wants to make Sana's pain and sorrow go away. Because, as weird as this sounds, Sana's bubbly energy is now her energy, the Squirrel acts a comforting presence in her life during the hectic days of her personal life. She wants to hold Sana in her arms, tell her everything is okay, Choo Choo is here and Choo Choo will treat you right. A single tear rolls down her cheeks and drops down to her jacket. That jacket is now wet with two different tears. But love is a sick game, in order to stop one of those two tears, one will still have to fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Have a nice day, readers.