💉2

I'm not exactly sure how that guy saved me - still questioning it. But I'm very thankful he did and now I have a new purpose.

I will be honest, with those guys surrounding me I was tempted to let them kill me and end my suffering. It's obvious no one cares about me anyway... Until those eyes set on me and I'm suddenly in a different area on the ground.

Truthfully, the beautiful man saved my life and I couldn't be more thankful.

"That's why I want to repay you. I want to say thanks." I say, looking over my shoulder at the man who's name I found out to be Achille.

Seeing him fiddle with his fingers, he avoided looking at me until I chuckled. His eyes glancing towards me and I face forward again.

Grabbing a knife and beginning to cut some cucumbers as I made pasta salad as thanks.

"I'll be honest, I wanted those guys to kill me. It came to the point where I wanted to give up on life because I wasn't happy either way... I try to be optimistic but it came to the point where there was nothing to really be optimistic about. Sadly, I just wanted it to end..."

I get the tray full of chopped up cucumbers and put it in the bowl with bow tie pasta.

Getting tomatoes now and cutting them.

"But you saved me. If I could go back to that moment I'm happy it was you in particular who saved me." I state, putting the cut tomatoes in the bowl and already had olives and green peppers. Pretty much done, I just needed Italian dressing.

"So..." Intrigued that he's talking, I get the dressing from the fridge and grab the bowl of pasta salad already having bowls at the table and drinks." You wanted your life to end there? Why?"

"I guess so... Lots of things happened in such a short span of time and then my whole life was a mess anyway..."

Sitting across from Achille, he looks at the pasta salad and seemed startled by human food. Just staring at it and then back to me.

"So because of all that, you wanted to just...die? Do you still feel that way?"

"No! I don't feel that way anymore. I think you've noticed, but I've been through a lot of things in my life. Don't mean to be irritating, but I don't want you to pity me either. But when you saved me all I remember mainly is your kind, considerate smile. You saved me and you asked if I was okay. I could tell you were happy to see me alive and safe, because of that I...yeah." Glancing away I try to control my happy tears.

Achille began biting his lip, taking a spoon and grabbing some pasta salad first.

"I have noticed through your words that you were happy to know there was someone out there willing to save you. I can tell with you knowing that, it gave you pure euphoria."

"It really did. I was close to crying."

"But anyone would be happy being saved by someone."

I nod, sighing at that statement.

"Yes, but it still made me very happy."

Achille nodded, looking at his plate and then stood. Going to the fridge and opening it up.

"I'm happy that I was able to bring such happiness...but I truly believed you'd run away from me as if you'd seen a monster. Considering what I am and what you are."

"Yeah," I snicker as he pulls out a pack of blood,"it did startle me at first to know that you're a vampire."

Achille twisted the cap from the blood pack, beginning to drink from it like it was a smoothie. I guess seeing him drink the blood so easily and his eyes, it makes sense. But I didn't want to believe in such a thing that is typically from the storybooks. Except I just can't seem to take my eyes off of him.