💉41

|Achilles

Darius grinned at me, and I didn't know what to think of this behavior. He actually...wanted to be around me?

After we finished having sex he said he would like for me to stay with him still. I don't know what game he's playing, but he's definitely teasing my heart.

"Can you stop teasing me?" I ask him in annoyance, and he frowns.

"I'm not teasing you. I really want to just hang with you. I know all about Achille and he's the love of my life. I've never gotten to know you...now have I?" He asks me, and I felt my heart beat a little faster.

Though I know this wasn't full-term, I can't raise my hopes.

"No...but y-you don't have to force yourself to do anything." I stutter in shame, my eyes wandering off of him. I end up standing and go to Aurelie.

I look down at her, reaching towards her as I hold her in my arms. I held her to my chest and smile, looking at Darius.

"She's my daughter too."

"Of course-."

"Darius just stop with the act. I helped you get Achille back and I know you just see me as his other part...not as me. I am a person, I am my own person. I just so happen to be sharing the same body with someone else. If I was not in this body...you wouldn't love me at all." I cry, and I set Aurelie back in her crib.

Making eye contact with him, I glare at him.

"Stop smiling at me. Save that smile for the one you really love." I snap angrily, and he starts to come towards me. "Stop."

"Achilles we've already had this conversation. I told you what I thought of you, and why I love you too. You're getting all riled up and for what?" He asked me curiously, and I became angrier than he did .

I rush towards him, taking a tight hold of his shirt. I yank him down so that he was closer towards my face.

"You're so tall...makes me sick." I sneer, making Darius chuckle.

"Is that the best insult you've got Achilles?" Darius mocks me, and I look away because that was a lousy insult. I didn't truly want to insult him...I was just confused... I remember him telling me sweet things...but it's foggy.

I know if I wasn't in Achille's body he wouldn't love me at all - and it...bothers me. He can insist all he wants, but I know the truth... At least that's what I'm telling myself so that I don't get hurt. My eyes moved onto his lips, trying not to desire to kiss them. I...love Darius. The truth is that he probably doesn't love me to the magnitude he loves Achille, and that hurts me...too much.

"Maybe...I should just...exterminate myself within him." I mumble, and Darius' eyes widen. "I don't want to grow love towards someone who'll probably never love me-."

"Don't do that! You are doing too much! I love you both! Why can't you seem to see that? You are a part of him that I love and cherish-."

"But if I wasn't a part of him you wouldn't love me at all, I'd probably be the enemy." I mumble, and Darius sighs. He doesn't deny it and I scoff at him.

"There's no point in denying something that's true. I can't and won't lie to you, but be realistic. We probably would've never met if it wasn't for Achille. You wouldn't have been created if Achille was never turned into a vampire in the first place. Be honest with yourself...it's not fair that you're asking me these questions because you know the truth. You're here now, and I love you and Achille." He states firmly, glaring at me now. "What do you want me to say? I've said all I can...it's up to you to believe me."