💉3

Staring up at my new job, a breakfast and brunch place called Clementine Bakery, I was thankful that I could get a job in such short notice. I'm not one that likes to lay around and not have a job for months on end. When I lose a job, I try my best to get a new one quickly.

Thanks to Achille, I have a new purpose and he gave me a new meaning on life. I barely know him yet I'm so enthralled by him in general.

...I must tell him about my new job. I wonder if he'll care.

Walking away from the place I'll be working at in about a week, I see a local library. Curious at this point, I walk in and go to the fantasy section. As I look around I begin to realize that it was oddly barren in here. But that didn't stop me from grabbing a book on vampires, intrigued.

Hoping no one saw me, I began reading a novel on someone's knowledge on vampires.

The pale complexion...amber eyes that turn into the color of blood when excited, hungry, or this other weird fact. If their eyes are a red orange that means they are in love? Completely random but I doubt that is a thing.

I will admit that I've only seen Achille's eyes be red or amber so I can't agree to disagree. I'm not exactly sure...

Raising my eyebrow at this image, I see a man about to suck a woman's blood. His fangs protruding and one eye lingered on me.

Reading the caption it stated that vampires have the power of allurement. They allure humans so that they become so enthralled by them, that they don't see what's coming. It's almost like vampires play with their prey...

Turning the page I came upon a old-fashioned picture. I see a pale man beside a woman who's complexion was more warmer. A child in the middle of them. I immediately assumed it was a vampire and human relationship, so the child was a hybrid.

Before I could turn the page again the book slammed closed by somebody. Seeing a pale hand, I look to see a purple eyed guy looking up at me. Confusing me with his lavender eyes, he instantly snatched away the book.

"You're curiosity may be the end of you if you keep at it." He murmurs, causing me to frown as he put the book on the shelf.

"What do you mean-?"

"Don't play dumb. You know what I mean." He interrupted softly, but his voice was powerful. I didn't get this whole conversation because it seemed like he knew what I was looking for.

Based on how he looked, I wanted to assume he was a vampire. But it's come to the point where I'm questioning all humans I come across.

Learning one person is a vampire makes you wonder how many vampires are really out there? How diverse are the humans species really?

"What's your name?"

The man looked away from me, but eventually back at me.

"Oscar."

With that he walked away and I pursued my lips at that whole encounter. It didn't really make sense how random that was and I didn't even notice him creep up on me.

Recounting that to Achille and seemed confused by my words.

"His name was Oscar?"

"Yep."

"That doesn't sound familiar..."

I nod, looking at his eyes and seeing they were amber. I wanted to see them turn red orange but that probably won't happen.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was a vampire. He was just as beautiful as you and had the allurement of you, so I'm going to take it for what it is."