💉25

I laid on the bed with Achille, his body laying between mine. His back to my chest as he trembled so much, my eyes staying glued to him.

Too much is happening in such a short span. Supposedly Achille started his contractions four days ago, and his stomach has only gotten larger. He was in a lot of pain, but it was different today.

"I...I don't want the baby to be a target." Achille whimpered as he gasped at the sudden pain he must've felt. I grin at him, nuzzling my nose into his ear.

"I won't let that happen. If it was up to me, I hope I'm the target - I'm only human. The baby needs his or her mother more than me-."

"Don't say that!" Achille exclaimed angrily, and he tried turning to face me. Only to start crying and he faced back forward. "We will survive this - together. You hear me?"

I stay still, not responding. I didn't have any words for him because if it was really up to me, I'd give my life for Achille and the baby.

I can't tell him that though...it angers him too much.

"I think it'd be best if we remove your child now." Norris says as he walked into the room. I saw him wearing gloves and he had on a doctor jacket. He was putting aside certain things for the baby's arrival, and he grinned at us. "Achille how do you feel about such a thing?"

"I...I am just fearful of him or her being a target." Achille confesses shakily, and I hug his body gently.

"He won't be." I promise, and I look away.

I will be the target.

Sighing sadly, I hide my face in Achille's neck. I had to think about how I would speak to Sabin about just targeting me. If I say anything to Achille it'll stress him out and or infuriate him.

But I am doing this for a good reason. Them both deserve to be alive. What would...be missing me anyway? They are the only ones...I know I won't be forgotten if it's them.

If anyone needs to die, it will be me.

"Darius!"

I blink, seeing Achille crying as Norris was glaring at me.

"Are you listening? Calm him down! Because I haven't been able to do anything for five minutes." Norris snaps, and I nod.

I press my lips to his ear, grinning as I chose not to see Norris try to cut Achille open.

"Achille I'm very thankful of you... You have changed my life - seriously. I wish there was a way to repay you back for everything. With the events upcoming...I can say that I wish there was a way we could get out of this together. All three of us...but if that is not possible, I want to be able to save you and the baby. You both are my world, my absolute world. I was never living until I met you, thank you." I tell him, smiling when he chuckles.

"I should be the one saying that, considering I'm no longer human. Everyday was a repetitive cycle of pain and loneliness. Thanks to you...that changed. You...better not do anything foolish that involves me losing you." He warns me, and I don't say anything.

I kiss his cheek only for him to finally look at me, his eyes red orange. Piercing mine as if he was putting me under a trance with his beautiful eyes.

"What happens if I don't listen to you?" I ask quietly, and his eyes widen.

"I will never forgive you." He hisses so menacingly, and I look away from him.

I definitely can't tell him my plan than.

"That's quite troublesome..." I chuckle awkwardly, and felt my heart break.