💉34

|Deimos🔝

Sitting at the counter, I watched happily as Darius made cinnamon toast. I haven't actually eaten anything in a while and he claims I need it. So, why not?

Aurelie laid in my arms as I let her drink some milk from her bottle, but both of our eyes were on Darius. It was hard for me to not look at him - it was the same for her as well. We both couldn't stop watching him. The fact that he was a vampire now...

I am so thankful for our daughter for changing him. I could never do it...she did it. I'm not sure when, but it doesn't even matter. The fact that she did it says volumes.

She's smart. Smarter than she let's on.

"Here you go!" Darius exclaims, setting the cinnamon toast before me. "I already freaking know you will get pregnant sooner or later, so I made it with extra care."

"Oh, how sweet. We don't know..."

"I don't believe you! You could be pregnant right now! But we won't know because Norris is..." Darius drifts suddenly, sighing as he leaned against the counter.

"Yeah...Norris is-."

"He isn't dead." Darius interrupted, and I gasp.

"But...I saw him. His throat was slit...he wasn't breathing." I state, and I shook my head at the sight.

"Yeah...but that's not how you kill a vampire. I have come to learn that the way you kill vampire is by...basically ripping off their head. Without their mind telling them to heal, it just kills them. He almost killed you that way...when I gave my life for you. I remember seeing him do such a thing...it made me feel like I was useless. The way you were being torn apart...I couldn't have it-."

"So you give yourself...uh... Let's not recount the past. If Norris is alive - than where is he?" I question him, and Darius smiled brightly.

"That's the thing. I know where he is and I have contact with him. The best part, he's coming in two days-."

"Wait! I thought this was our time to...be together?" I whimper, Darius looking at me sadly. He walked to the island and sat beside me.

We made eye contact, the both of us staring at one another. Both of our eyes were red orange and I still can't get over how he's a vampire like me...

I remember thinking just being like me was a curse. Maybe it can be a blessing after all...

"It is our time together, bringing him here to help us so that we can stay together indefinitely... I think this is quite beneficial and needed." He told me with a smile, making me smile back. "I wish it didn't have to come to this... Where for us to be together, we have to fight others. It's so unnecessary, so unneeded."

I nod in agreement, beginning to eat my toast. I already knew with as much that I drank from Darius...I won't need any for a while. He did drink some of mine, but he was much more controlled than me.

It was just different for me I guess. I've never drink blood from a person. I drank the blood in a packet. To have his body against mine and he let me drink his blood so selfishly...

Especially with how delicious his blood was. It clouded my vision and made me see a different color other than red. It was a light shade of pink that changed the way I saw the world.

It was...pleasurable and it made me want him even more.

"What are you thinking Achille?" Darius asked me softly, making me bite my lip.

"I was just thinking about...the taste of your blood, and how nice it was last night." I grin at him as I watch him run the back of his neck.

"Yeah, you were having a fun time drinking my blood. It's okay though, if it's you - it doesn't matter." He promises to me, and he rested his elbow on the counter. "I was thinking."