💉27

|Achille

"He has Darius - please!" I plead with Oscar, holding Aurelie close to my chest. Could already see that Norris was dead and fear riveted through my whole body. "Hold her...please. If I do not come back...don't tell of Darius or me."

Oscar's eyes widen, and I nodded. Laying Aurelie in his arms, my lips trembled as I stared down at her. Her eyes glued onto me and saw her fingers begin to unravel. Her tiny arm beginning to reach for me and I sighed.

"Please do not let her know of Darius or me if I don't come back. Please don't...I'm begging you." I plead, my hands shaking as I pressed a kiss to Aurelie's cheek.

When I look at Oscar he had tears streaming down his cheeks, but he nodded. Holding Aurelie tightly and he shook his head.

"Go save Darius! You both will come back, together." He seemed to be promising me, and I smile.

"I...I hope so-."

"Don't fucking hope! Know that he will come back! He won't die!" Oscar yelled, and I flinched.

Aurelie immediately began to cry and I couldn't comfort her. My lips tightened as I turned around, feeling this anger fill my chest. But I shook my head, not wanting to hear Aurelie's cries for me.

Because I needed to save her father first.

That's when I ran. Following the disgusting scent of Sabin. My eyes glued to the tracks of his shoes on the dirt path. Not losing hope as I just continued to run, trying to make the tears in my eyes disappear.

Except they only streamed down my face, and I cried in pain. I couldn't lose Darius...he truly made me feel human.

I was happy, finally - I was happy. But there always that one that has to take that away from me! Why can't he just get out of my life?!

We never had a relationship, none! I never owed him anything and he never meant anything to me! So why is he so vengeful towards me? For what?!

I shook my head, stopping as I finally stood over a bridge. My eyes settling on the sight of Sabin dragging Darius by his arm, this fury igniting within my heart.

"Sabin!" I shriek, and that's when I see Darius look at me. So much hope within his eyes as he tried escaping. Only for Sabin to slam him onto the ground, his head ricocheting off the concrete.

My heart stopped beating instantly at such a sight, and I had to stop myself from passing out because I saw the flash of red once again. I don't know what it was, but it frightened me.

"You come back for the new-to-be father?" Sabin asks, smiling as his foot kicked right into Darius' stomach. That's when I saw him fly right into the gate of the bridge, and I rushed at Sabin.

My hands grabbing hold of his neck so tightly as I slammed him to the ground. Only for him to smirk at me, his hands grabbing ahold of mine.

"I suggest you remove your hands now."

"Why the hell should I do that? Why don't I just kill you right now!" I shout at him only to find myself be yanked off of him. Looking to see two vampires holding onto my arms tightly.

Having a slight resemblance to Sabin that made me sick.

"Oh you're a father too?" I mock, and Sabin smirks as he stands up. "How disgusting that their father is someone like you. You don't deserve that honor."

I felt the grips on my arms tighten, but it didn't faze me at all. My eyes were focused on Darius who was groaning in pain. It hurt me to see him this way and I couldn't even get to him.