💉7

"What's your favorite food?"

I asked Achille over the phone, standing outside the store that I was going to go in soon. I've been so keen on trying to make him the best things that I've blanked on dishes.

Even began to realize that I never asked him what he wanted. Just made him what came to mind and he ate it willingly. I never know if it's his favorite or if he even likes it. He's too kind to tell me that he doesn't like what I made him.

"My favorite food? I...I mean I haven't had the dish in almost thirty years so I believe it may not be the same. But when I was in France, I made my siblings a soup called soup à l'oignon. It was the most delicious and warming dish I could make that always brought smiles to their faces... I loved it."

I smile, leaning against the wall as I enjoyed hearing him go over something with such happiness. Wasn't sure what that soup was but I could look it up...

"What's the translation for the soup?"

"Oh! Onion soup...wait are you at the store?"

I chuckle, nodding but I begin to realize he can't see me nodding.

"Yes actually. You caught me. I wanted to make you your favorite dish and believed this was the way to go. A surprise for you...but you caught me."

Waiting for him to say something I begin to realize he hung up. Confused I began to wonder if he lost connection. I don't think he did but it's quite possible. Unless he really did hang up, but for what?

I begin to look up the ingredients for the soup. Wondering what side dish he'd want with it. Onion soup seems like a pretty self explanatory dish, but looking at the ingredients tells me otherwise.

As I looked I began to feel like I was being watched. When I looked up I saw - Achille jogging towards me.

"How'd you get here so fast?" I ask quietly, rushing to him as a car honked at me for running into the street.

"Remember?" He winked, shocking me at his action." I ran here. Once I saw others I began to casually jog. Never realized how far away the store was from my home, though it only took me a few seconds..."

I just look at him, wondering how he could have it so lucky. I think he hates one part of his vampire powers and then the other part he uses to his advantage. If I was him, I'd definitely use it to my advantage. Who wouldn't?

"You have it lucky you know." I state, causing him to shake his head.

"There's a disadvantage to it too. When I first learned of it all I could barely control it. Would run and just to stop I would end up flinging myself yards away from my destination."

"That was the beginning though, this is now."

Achille nodded, the both of us walking into Target as he looked around more than necessary. But it began to come to the point where I thought and believed he never really went to the store.

"Is this your first time in Target?" I asked softly, smirking as he looked at with red cheeks.

"Yes actually!" He exclaimed, folding his arms and pouting slightly." I never found it necessary to come to the store...ever. I haven't been in a store like this since my little brother passed... Even when I got your medicine from the store it was a place called CVS Pharmacy. I don't believe that's a store..."

"Sort of, but not quite." I say, causing him to pout even more. His bottom lip protruding so cutely and even caught some eyes.

It was becoming apparent that people were noticing how attractive he was. Especially when he'd look up at me and I'd chuckle, causing him break his cover and grin.