💉23

I was actually having a good couple of weeks. My friend is back in my life ever since I kind of forgot him since I met Achille. Achille is perfect...absolutely perfect. My heart was content with the way my life was panning out.

Who would've thought I'd ever get here? Being happy and making my lover who isn't human food. Since blood doesn't suffice him anymore. Which I'm completely fine by because handling food is much more easier for me than handling blood.

But for Achille...he's worth handling every blood pack I come across - for him. Again, never thought I'd be saying such a thing.

Is it okay for me to scream to the whole world that I'm finally happy? That I feel like I'm finally worth something? This is such an unusual thing to feel.

Worthy. I'm worth it.

Now I want to hug Achille.

I rush upstairs, opening the door to our room. Seeing him lay on the bed, but facing away from me. When I get in the bed with him I bring him towards me. Practically spooning his small frame within my large one.

Smiling, I nuzzle my nose into his neck.

"Achille I can finally say I'm worth it. It's because of you that I can say such a thing. I've never thought I'd be saying that." I chuckle happily, and I see Achille roll over to face me.

Except I flinch when I see red eyes, and I couldn't help but sigh.

"Achilles...good morning." I say to him, but he just continues to stare at me. That's when I begin to see his lips trembling, his arms wrapped around his stomach. "Achilles? Achille? What's wrong-?"

"Achille passed out from the pain and I came in to feel such a thing. This is horrible!" He cries, and I sit up quickly.

"Pain? What do you mean? We - we just saw Norris and he said you were doing good-."

"Well we aren't good now! Tell that to Achille - oh wait, he passed out in pain!" Achilles exclaimed wildly, and I sat him up in my arms. That's when I pull down the sheets and saw there was no marks on him.

Except he nodded at the window, and I frowned. Because for all I know, he could be telling me to open the blinds. I felt useless right now because to know that Achille is in there and passed out because he was hurting so much... That doesn't sit well with me.

"I'm confused-."

"l faut se méfier le rouge..." ( Beware the red... )He interrupted me quietly, causing me to stop talking because what he said sounded too eerie. "The blood moon is drawing near."

I raise my eyebrows, because that sounded ridiculous.

"Blood moon? What is that?" I ask, and Achilles groans as he rolls away from me. Trying to stand on his feet as he propped himself against the dresser. Wincing when he moved too fast.

When I rush over to help him he extended his hand out as if he was stopping me. Not wanting me to come any closer - which broke my heart...

"Blood Moon is the moon when vampires can't truly hide that they are what they are. Their hunger increases - triples, that's when most strike. That's how Achille became a vampire...because of the Blood Moon and Sabin turned him. Then I was born... The baby may be reacting to the Blood Moon - I don't know." Achilles cried as he looked out the window. "It's still sunny, but the moon is still in the distance. Like a faint mark of it...so useless."

Achilles took a deep breath, nodding at me.

"You cannot stay or be here for three days." He tells me, and I shook my head.