💉18

"I am going to the store, is there anything you specifically want?" I ask Achille, noticing the way he grabbed his jacket too.

"I'll go with you."

"Woah there!" I chuckle, stopping him as I took his jacket from his hands. "That will not be necessary. You stay here, I'll get the groceries."

Achille frowned at me and I knew he was probably suspicious as to what I was doing. Except this was the easiest way to speak with Sabin and Oscar...to change me into a vampire. It's very unfortunate that this is the last day I'll be human.

First, I'm calling him when I drive to the 'store' - since we got a car. Very interesting...that I rarely drove one and still had my license. I'm not actually going to store so the last thing I need is for him to come with me.

"Why can't I go with you?"

"You need some rest. Don't strain the baby by walking too much."

Achille looked at his stomach and saw how flat it was. Looking back up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah...don't want me to strain the baby - definitely. Okay, you can go by yourself. I'll actually look for some baby clothes...never thought I'd be saying that." He smiled, hugging me and I hugged him back, feeling even worse now. "Be safe."

With that I nod, leaving the house and I head to our 2019 Honda Accord. Always wanted a Honda and they were such nice cars as well as affordable. This worked out great.

Once I was in the car I connected my phone to the car, pulling the paper of Sabin's number from my pocket. Reading it in my head I decide to dial it in my phone. Driving away from his house is when I decide to call him.

As I drove I heard him through my car speakers and was startled when it picked up.

"Hello there Darius, I completely expected this."

I gulp, shaking my head as I looked at their address. I know this area, but it's so nice that I'm afraid I may not be able in.

"Did you? Didn't mean to be so predictable."

"I mean, when it comes to love it can sometimes be predictable - especially when it comes to being a vampire. When it comes to these things...I'm like a love expert."

I find myself rolling my eyes, not into that nickname for him.

"Yeah...I'm only speaking with you because of such a thing. Once I become a vampire I know it'll make him happy. He says no now, but once I am one he'll be happy."

"Really?"

Beginning to question myself, his reaction towards everything of me becoming a vampire was negative. Except it's not up to him whatsoever, it's my choice.

"It...it doesn't matter! It's my choice and I want this." I nod with content as I get onto the highway. "Besides! It'll help us both be able to be together for forever. I can't avoid this opportunity...I can't. That's why I'm only ten minutes away from your house."

With that I hang up, grinning happily because I was about to become like Achille. Live forever and literally live happily ever after. Couldn't have it any other way.

💀

"You aren't afraid?"

I stood before Sabin, noticing him smirking at me mischievously. Instantly regretted coming here, but I still had a goal to leave here a vampire.

"I'm not. I'm doing this for Achille."

"Yeah, this is something he wants."

I flinch at his statement, because I know this isn't something he wants. I'm over here about to turn into a vampire without Achille's acceptance.

If I come back, a vampire...he most likely will be so angry. Achilles will definitely appear and I can't imagine what would happen.

"Darius? Are you ready?" Sabin asked me, a smirk on his face as I saw his fangs protruding.

As he edged closer I began to think about how Achille would feel. I would hate to be turned into a vampire by the person that brought him so much pain...

"Stop!" I shout, shoving him away from me.

I could already tell Sabin was shocked as his fangs retracted and he folded his arms in annoyance.

"What now? It'll be done before you know it-."

"That's the thing. I don't want to be a vampire anymore. If anyone is going to turn me into a vampire, it's him. I don't know what I was thinking." I mumble, shaking my head at myself. "I'm leaving."

I shake my head, trying to compose myself as I still couldn't believe I brought myself this far. It almost made me ashamed...

As I walked on I suddenly saw Sabin laying against the doorframe. His eyes narrowed on me all conniving and I already knew he had evil intentions.

"I wish I could be happy about the choice you just made, but it's unfortunate that you have just cursed yourself." Sabin hissed at me, and I just leave his house. Needing to get away from him since I knew what he was capable of.

The last thing I wanted to become one of his things. I would love to become a vampire...but when Achille wants me to be.

☺️
Achille
***

It has been a long time that Darius has been at the store.

I know I don't live that far from anything, so there's no reason why he should be gone for so long. It didn't help that I had a baby inside of me so I felt more worried than anything.

"I need to just calm down, he's fine." I mumble to myself, pacing the living room.

All I wanted to do was run out the house and follow his scent, but I wanted to trust him. Didn't want to seem like a stalker.

Except I just wanted to be near him again and with him gone for so long...it worried me too much.

"Darius..." I mumble, walking faster through the house as time only passed. Five hours gone wasn't sitting well with me and the sun was setting.

I could pace all day and it will only make me suffer even more...

Grabbing a jacket from the coat rack, I rush to the door to begin to go after him. Only to open it and see him standing at the door with groceries. His eyes looking at me in confusion and I finally catch my breath.

"I'm...I'm so happy to see you're safe. What took you so long?!" I cried, yanking him inside as I closed the door behind him.

"I went to the store and then did other things. Probably should've told you beforehand, but I completely blanked. I'm sorry for taking so long - hope I didn't worry you."

"Worry me? You frightened me!" I exclaim, grabbing the groceries from his hands and placing them on the table. Running back into his arms as I hug him.

"I was so worried about you...more than you think. I'm happy to see that you're home, with me...and the baby." I murmur, wrapping my arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around my waist.

It was so unlike me to do such things, but I didn't care. I really wanted him...more than I thought I did.

"Well, I'm sorry for worrying you... You don't have to worry about such a thing ever again." Darius says to me, and I bite my lip. Hoping that was the case...

Because I needed him.

More than he thought I did and more than even I thought I did.

And it frightened me.

🥺

Sorry for this chapter being slightly short.

Yet, it's better than nothing I hope. 😁🙏🏾