💉5

"Enjoy!"

I smirk at Achille, his eyes narrowing at the dishes that were in front of him. A plate of salmon, salad, and fruit on the side. Mainly watermelon since it was in season but it was one of my favorite fruits.

"This...this is a lot of food."

"Yes... But I believe you will love the watermelon - it's in season." I state, smiling when he grabbed a piece and began to eat it. His eyes widening and he nodded with excitement.

Happy to know he liked it I washed my hands and nodded to him.

"Well, I'll be on my way-."

"Wait!"

Frowning, I see him frowning at me in confusion. Chewing his lip and nodding at the plate.

"Achille i can't read your mind no matter how much I wish I could."

"I...I - umm you should eat too."

He sat down, scooting his plate between two chairs and I was guessing he wanted me to sit there. I began to realize it was a big plate and he may not be able to eat all.

"Oh I see. I guess I can eat some considering there so much food on the plate. Have to remember you're a vampire, can't eat it all."

"No...that's not it."

I sit down beside him, his cheeks becoming pink as he grabbed a fork and began to twirl it within his fingers. Chewing his lip in such a cute manner.

"You made this dish... You made something delicious and I - I think it should be cherished. I wouldn't eat it if...if you didn't make it." He stuttered, causing me to feel my heart beat faster. His face becoming even more red since he said his confession.

He was so cute in telling me that that I had to smile.

"Really? I'm truly honored that you would only eat my food."

"Also because you made it...it's precious."

"You're precious."

Achille suddenly took the plate, moving it to his side and pouting down at it. Entertained I playfully bumped shoulders with him and he looked up at me, causing me to smirk.

"I have a question."

"Yes?" I raise my eyebrow at him as we both are looking at each other. Both of us in close proximity and I loved that I could see his beauty up close and personal like this.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-three. My birthday was three days ago actually."

Achille gasps, softly shoving my shoulder but it still moved me back a little.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was sick on my birthday...I actually forgot it was my birthday so I can't really say anything."

He shook his head, wrapping his arm around my neck. Laying his head on my shoulder and I chuckle at how cute he was about it all.

"I'm actually a hundred-and-twenty-seven years old."

Becoming gobsmacked I try my best not to show my surprise. I'm afraid I'll offend him again and I try with all my heart to not do that under any means possible.

"You have lived a very long time."

"Yes...it's been hell." He sighed, shaking his head as he sat up and looked back at me." But besides that, I feel bad that I didn't know of your birthday. Literally it was three days ago. June fourth?"